granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

Beautiful Lea.  It is nice that at least his next generation is learning what today is for.

Adorable picture of your granddaughter ringing the bell.

We are looking at thunderstorms this after noon, but it is Florida, anything could happen.  Blue sky, sun shine and not a cloud in the sky.

Have a great day and remember.

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

Lea: That is indeed the cake you described, minus the nuts. I've included the link for the recipe I use now. I lost my GM's recipe from when I was a kid and this one is pretty close. My dad didn't lik

Catalogues: Anyone remember Spiegel's? My mom especially loved that one. She would order all of our school clothes from that one and Montgomery Wards. There was a huge Montgomery Wards store not too f

Posted Images

Good morning,

Well we started out for the coffee shop yesterday and I was looking up the website to check the menu and realized they are closed on Sunday. So we went this morning, called first to be sure they were open since it's a holiday, the coffee and crepe were delicious. I will be heading home this afternoon, it has been a very relaxing and refreshing weekend. Rain chance is only 15% to 20% in my part of Florida but like Mary Jo said, anything can happen in Florida, I'm just hoping not to drive thru it on the way home. That's about it my little corner of the world. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

• Like 1

please take a moment to remember, All gave some , some gave all.  thank you everyone for your service protecting our liberties and freedoms  God bless us all..  

• Like 1
10 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Just thought I would share a humbling moment from yesterday.

My grand daughter ringing the gold bell 7 times for the 7 friends my son lost while in Iraq...

and my son and grand daughter setting memorial flags for those lost...

gold bell.jpg

lance flag.jpg

Very touching photos!  Thank you so much for sharing them with us.  

We are into our summer pattern of weather.  Rain about 4 to 5 in the afternoon, for about an hour.  We are suppose to get this all week.  Then it slides into the Gulf.

I do hope everyone had a great day and took time out to remember our Vets.

Hugs to you all

Good Morning.  Up again before the sun.

Got the therapist coming today.  Almost done with the graph, then 40 rows of just solid color to finish off the afghan.

Suppose to be another beautiful day today with chance of rain this afternoon.

Have a great day.

• Like 1

Hey Brenda, did you see Mahones has put a target on his back?

He has said that the only thing he is looking at is 20-0.  :rofl  Man everyone will be out to get him this year.  Never say you are going to have a perfect year.

The Lightning is back in the playoffs like last year and the Rays are Number 1 so far.

God help this town if the Rays and lightning win again.

Typical of New England we put the AC's in upstairs after oppressive heat and humidity and the temps dropped to the point we had to turn the heat on over the weekend. Supposed to be back up in the high 70's this week.  Wasn't thrilled with the rain but not mourning the colder air as we are holding out putting in the downstairs AC as we are supposed to get our replacement downstairs windows installed this month.  The window the AC goes in is in bad shape after last winter which is one of the things that pushed us towards replacing the downstairs windows.

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Hey Brenda, did you see Mahones has put a target on his back?

He has said that the only thing he is looking at is 20-0.  :rofl  Man everyone will be out to get him this year.  Never say you are going to have a perfect year.

The Lightning is back in the playoffs like last year and the Rays are Number 1 so far.

God help this town if the Rays and lightning win again.

Yes I saw that and went oh nooooo.  You just put a curse on yourself.  Sounds like they are bringing in a new front line.  I am mostly fixated on their family photos with the new baby and how fast she got back in shape after having the baby.

Hand lunch with a friend I hadn't seen in a few years, had such a great time. She retired this year so we hope to meet more often now.

made a couple baby yoda back pack buddies this morning, they turned out cute., I'm fixing Chris some supper as one big meal a day is about it for me these days. Not sure what I'll do tonight, might work on a blanket I am doing for Wyatt, might work on my cross stitch pattern since ratdog mentioned it.

...might just stare mindlessly at the television....:)

How did the doc visit Lyn.... PT for you MJ?

I was going to talk some sports junk on here the other night when the Hurricanes were in Tampa, but after as it got closer to the end of the game, I decided it would be best to keep my mouth shut ...LOL

Actually Lea, the Hurricanes were home.  They will be home again tonight.  Then they come to Tampa for 2 games.  

No PT today he decided it is not working.  Friday is the knee Dr. see what he has to say.  

Spent 2 hours in the ER again, Dr. told me to go, because of the pain, but they did NOTHING.  So I am now home and getting ready to sit and relax for the rest of the night.

DH has been loving the hockey.  The dogs sit and watch with him.

Mary Jo, I'm so sorry you ended up back in the ER.  I often wonder why doctor's suggest you go there when they often are not inclined to do anything for you when you arrive despite the fact you are there at a doctor's suggestion.

One of the things I'm hoping happens soon is more local clinics start rehiring some of the testing people they let go during COVID.  I didn't used to have to go to the hospital for most of my testing.  Now I have to go for all testing and it takes much longer and the process is more chaotic then when the labs were done onsite.

Posted (edited)

since the shot did absolutely nothing, they are going to do an MRI,just waiting to set up appt. the follow up visit is 22 June

Edited by pineknott
Posted (edited)

Good luck with the MRI Pineknott.  Hope they find what is need to fix it.

Well, the girls are now becoming Hockey fans?  That is so cute.

I can imagine DH is loving the Hockey what with the Bruins in it. Do the girls get treats between periods?

Off to watch a very tight game (again).

Edited by Tampa Doll

Darn it Mary Jo and Lyn I had hoped for much better news about the knees.  Not a big fan of how our medical system tends to work.  

Lyn thank you for the card and letter. I can relate to so many of the things you covered.  I was able to convince dh to drive a little smoother for a couple of weeks after cataract surgery especially on that gravel road.  Told him to please not to shake the new lenses out of my eyes.

Good Morning everyone.

Lots of sun and humidity with a chance of rain tonight.  Did not get the rain last night.

Good Morning! Some overcast today but, very warm. 96° yesterday and 97° today. Come on rain! We used to get a shower almost every afternoon when the monsoon season started, but, not anymore. It wasn't unusual to get 1 or 2 haboobs (major dust storms) even at 3500ft elevation. They can be more frequent down in Phoenix. Nasty things.

I'm so sorry you gals are having awful knee problems. I can't have anything done to mine because of health problems. So I put up with it with a cane or my walker. I hope I never get to the point what you're going through Mary Jo.

CT scan (brain) went well and had the results the next day on my hospital patient portal. Curious what the next step will be on Thursday when I see my primary for the temporary blindness.

I'm still working on the Moss st blanket. More than half way through. I had to order some more yarn for it online cuz Walmart here does not have anymore in stock. Can't wait to see Mary Jo's doggie blanket.

I'm not going anywhere in this heat. So, today is a few loads of laundry, maybe a nap cuz I got up too early for me, have my GD share take-out with me, watch some Netflix and crochet.

Hope your day is easy going and relaxed. 

Okay, here is the solution... we all find a central location and move there so we can gather in a circle with craft of choice and  uplift each other during this getting old thing..... those of us that are mobile still will run out for important supplies.... yarn, sweets, wine, soda....

Getting old can be such a downer...

For some reason I got a wild hair up my hiney today and pressure canned 8 pints of pinto beans, I think it was all the talk of inflation...dh came home and ask me why I had done it and I said, " it was only 18 cents a jar!.... he was like: electicity, time, jars, beans, salt, water..... 58 cents at Walmart....stop...🤣

Oh well it was either that or dust all the den shelves....I hate dusting...

• Haha 2

Sometimes we just do things that make us feel good.  

Hey Reni, maybe they will see your crochet part of your brain on the cat scan.

I am just feeling sorry for myself

So I am ready to move to our circle.

Yeah I had to buy yarn for the doggie blanket, as I thought I had enough, but just need one more skein.  I could buy one skein for $3.35 a skein or 5 skeins for $15.00.  Now the shipping is $4.45 up to 60 dollars.  So I refuse to spend more for shipping than the yarn cost.  So I will now have 4 skeins I need to find a project for.  Such a delima :rofl

• Haha 2