granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

1 hour ago, pineknott said:

good morning, if I type fast it is still morning for 15 minutes

got a shot in my knee, if that doesn't solve issue, he is looking to do an MRI

So was it a cortisone shot or a gel shot?  Hope it feels better today.

Yean Reni, we all hold each other up and encourage in what we are doing.  There is always a shoulder to cry or laugh on.

This is one fantastic group of ladies.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

Yes, the yarn tossing was horrible.... Chris said he felt like he needed to go home and take all the sharp objects out of the house🤣

Okay, here is the solution... we all find a central location and move there so we can gather in a circle with craft of choice and  uplift each other during this getting old thing..... those of us that

Posted Images

MJ

it was for inflammation, so don't think it was gel, but really couldn't say as this is the first time i've ever gotten a shot, one day in no difference, they did say 2-3 days in the book it said 3-5 days? the one thing I'll have to pull out and show them my stint cards, ah yes I'm a card carrying member. 

oh here's a good one, almost all the dr.'s I seen in the hospital last year were named Patel, none related between the 5 or 6 of them, the ortho doc wanted the cardiologist name, he of course was the odd doctor out and wasn't named Patel, I was scrambling to remember his name, as a fluke I had brought old paper work that had all their names on it,boy how was that for esp

• Haha 1

Love the idea that your Dr.'s all had the same last name.  Must of been confusing for them.

I think with the shots I like the numbing of the area first.  

Another day to greet the sun.  Today my day will be filled with them finishing up the yard. and a virtual with the Nurse Practitioner (the almost Dr.)  I seem to be dealing with them more than Dr.'s

I do hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning! So, the website where I bought my cross stitch lap frame has these nifty little pouches to hold small items that hangs on the frame. They are made of quilted material and cost $12 (plus shipping). 

So, I hit my stash and about an hour or so later had made my own.

1622032945566-1172148098.jpg

• Like 1

pineknott: Gel and cortisone shots in my knee did wonders. Just not long enough. That's funny about all the Dr's all having the same name. They are probably all related, just very distantly. Patel in India is like Smith here and in the UK.

Mary Jo: The almost Dr. Funny! We sure do think alike sometimes. That's what I told my step-daughter when she started back to school for her Physician's Assistant degree. Also, that she's a professional student. She has a BA and 2 masters in nursing, now the PA degree when she graduates. She should have just been a doctor. Wait- Maybe that's next! LOL

ratdog: Brilliant idea to make your own! Nice job.

Sort of overcast today, but warm. Now I'm off to get more lab work done.  Because of my age, the hospital here now requires it to be done no more than 4 weeks previously in order to have a CT scan. I just had it done April 26. Picky aren't they? My CT is scheduled for Friday. Ah well, at least I get to get out of the house for a little bit. Enjoy the day! 

Brilliant ratdog.... now I need one to hang on my "cart of stuff" beside my chair. It has 5 project bags, some cross stitch, a book I am reading, my meds, a couple magazines, yarn that needs to go back to the craft room... but I can never find the scissors... that little pouch and a command hook and I should be good!

A few years ago I was having a bunch of trouble with my knee, sounded like I was popping bubble wrap everytime I took a step... my so who is a PT and a crossfit coach gave me a few exercises with bands and after 6 weeks It was good enough that I could walk down steps normal and there was no bubble wrap popping..

Funny thing is, I didn't know it was my knee making that sound, I would walk down the stairs at my sons house and wonder why they had put bubble wrap under the carpet, I went to another sons house and the same thing happened, I thought maybe because they had both bought new homes.... but then, walking down the concrete steps at the botanical garden that year ...I had my epiphany....that was about 5 years ago and I probably need some band therapy again...or lose some weight..... or both

Love the little pocket.  I have the trouble that I put things down on the cushion next to me and then zap it falls through the crack and onto the floor.

Well, they finished the back up, so now you can see before and after pictures.

Oh the crappy one is the before:rofl

before (3).JPG

IMG-0446.jpg

Hello

I hope you are all enjoying your day. 

Mary Jo your yard looks great.

Ratdog that pocket is a great idea.

Lyn I hope your knee is feeling better.

The usual stuff today. Today felt like it should be Thursday, this is going to feel like the never ending week:lol

Enjoy your evening.

Love the yard MJ, tell them to head this way and do magic on this mess I have up here!

So do I need to dust as long as we have cats & a dog in the house, plus we sold an acre and a half of our land and they are clearing it...  Some nice ( hopefully ) bought it and will move in soon...

My dust bunnies have become dust elephants.....I just can't keep up

• Haha 1

Good Moring.  The sun beat me up this morning.  Slept till 6:45.  What a beautiful sunrise.

I swear these weeks are getting shorter and shorter.

Long weekend coming up.

Have a great day.

13 minutes ago, ratdog said:

Glad Im not the only one with dust under the sofa. I am just plain lazy when it comes to the floors.

Its because we are all kindred spirits

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Love the yard MJ, tell them to head this way and do magic on this mess I have up here!

So do I need to dust as long as we have cats & a dog in the house, plus we sold an acre and a half of our land and they are clearing it...  Some nice ( hopefully ) bought it and will move in soon...

My dust bunnies have become dust elephants.....I just can't keep up

Like where do they come from?  I dont bring stuff into the house that looks like that.  How do they coalesce out of thin air?  This ranks right up there with how does the refrigerator get so dirty on the inside.  I only put clean stuff in it.

Wow Mary Jo what a transformation on the yard.  

Edited by bgs
  • Like 1

For a change yesterday we had a Royal blue sky with brilliant white puffy clouds.  After dh picked me up at sis's house we went home and after a quick supper took flowers to the cemetery where my folks are buried.  Planned on doing it today but didnt want to have to trudge that far thru mud and rain.  The sun yesterday had dried it out and we live nearby.  So glad we did because it was raining this morning.  Today took flowers to cemetery where dh's folks are buried.  Managed to get it done between rain showers but if it had been raining its just a few steps from the car to their graves and there is a good stand of grass there so no mud.  While we were in that area we stopped at the Asian buffet we like. Its huge.  It has a sushi bar, hibachi grill, plus a very large assortment of dishes found on Chinese buffets.  Guess its been a year and a half since eating there.  At one point during all that mess we thought buffets were going to become a thing of the past.  Now to finish the laundry.

• Like 1

Good Morning.  Sun is just starting to come up.  We need some rain desperately.

Next week starts Hurricane season.

Oh dear I had to order more yarn (ugh) for my project.  Worse is that I had to order it from 2 different places, which means, 2 different delivery dates.  I am trying to use up what I have, but isn't it always the way?

So it is Friday and in some places a long weekend.  Any big plans?

I remember living in Jersey this was the beginning of the Summer season, of going to the shore.  Working in Philly, I would wait an extra hour at work, so the traffic going to the shore would ease off.  I was normally 15 minutes from home, but during the summer it could take up to an hour.

Let's remember those who fought and died so we can have the freedoms we do.

Hugs to you all.  

Good Morning Crochet Friends!

Having two friends over for pool/food/fellowship today. Have to go to Publix this morning for a few things but pretty much ready.  Should be a fun relaxing afternoon.  Nothing planned the rest of the weekend. Maybe a cemetery visit Sunday (and a stop at the Russel Stover outlet on the way home!)

Oh a Russel Stover's outlet.  Now that is cool, we have a Entennmen's outlet up the street.

good morning

I remember there was a Fannie Farmer candy store up on 7th ave. we could only look in the window and drool, it was high end, we always looked forward when some sale clerk would invite us in to have a sampling of their broken pieces, most likely for paying  customers to see if they wanted to bring home that chocolate, oh Entennemen's, their crumb cake was my favorite

• Like 1

Hi. It's pretty quiet here this evening. I'm trying to stay relaxed. I had a panic attack mid morning which is not my norm. Shaky, heart pounding, clammy. I think it was just in anticipation of the CT scan this afternoon. Haven't had one of those in years. CT scan went well and I'll get my results on the hospital patient portal by Sunday or Monday. Then see my Dr. on Thursday. Then if needed, a appt with the neurologist

Ohhh candy factories! There's a Ethel M's in Henderson, NV. we used to stop by. Good candy. A bit pricey but worth it. Last time we stopped there, they a a whole room dedicated to M&M's. Needless to say, Mars candy bought them out. My faves though, See's Candy and Godiva Chocolates. I got both for Mother's Day! My kids get such a kick out of surprising me.

No big plans for the weekend. A nice Roast Beef Tenderloin dinner with family.  We've had a very long standing tradition here for a cannon at to be shot at the cemetery at sunrise on all of our military holidays. This weekend is the next one. It can be heard all over town and it's this tradition I don't mind getting up early for.

Hopes for a wonderful weekend for all of you. Stay safe.

• Like 1

That tradition is so cool.  Growing up they use to have a ceremony in the center of town where there was a monument to war hero's. 

Sis, niece and I went downtown KC today for my birthday.  We figured it was better to do something before the dental work starts.  I rode the street car for the first time.  They had them in KC years ago but stopped running the year I was born because they thought buses were the way of the future.  As a kid I remember seeing the street car tracks everywhere.  They finally got them all removed and then gee lets do street cars again.  So far these only run downtown and they are free to ride. 

We looked at shops at the City Market and I bought strawberries, blueberries, tomatoes, yellow squash, cantaloupes, green bell peppers and turnips.  Could not resist the dollar bowls of produce they are wanting to move but had to spend the evening processing it.  We split chips, salsa, and a couple of street tacos for a midmorning snack and had chicken strips for late lunch.  

It was cloudy, misted a little, and was a much cooler day than what we have been having.  Had to change the clothes from what I planned wearing to something warmer.  Dh had to carry the tropicals back in this evening.

3 minutes ago, bgs said:

Sis, niece and I went downtown KC today for my birthday.....

Brenda- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful day.