granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

Posted (edited)

Hi all, well the old  thread has disappeared i guess, least i cant find it lol so we find ourselves on a new thread!! Hey cant get rid of us so easily ok!!lol   even though some of us arent making squares for now there are still places  that need them, messg me for the addys or info thanks  !

Edited by katyallen8090

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I'll be doubled dipped! Looks like the topic was blocked somehow. Go figure. My Dr. appointment went well yesterday about my bloodwork. The doc and I were pleased with my results. However,

I took the name Bernadette for my confirmation name

Weatherman was bold and forecasted 100% chance of rain today so another cloudy damp day here.  He also had the audacity to say our chances for rain this coming week were greater than it was for this p

Posted Images

Well, I'll be doubled dipped! Looks like the topic was blocked somehow. Go figure.

My Dr. appointment went well yesterday about my bloodwork. The doc and I were pleased with my results. However, Sunday night as I sat down for dinner with my family, I went blind in my left eye for about 30 seconds. Then got a headache on my right side shortly after. Now I'm set for a CT scan and a appointment with a neurologist. Always something lately. I'm optimistic since I've been perfectly fine since then.

Blue skies here still and 84° today. My kind of weather! Enjoy the day.

saved.jpg

• Like 2

well, the old one wasn't loading right for me for some time,only bringing up the first page from 2 yrs ago

gee I leave the room for a second and all heck breaks loose

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ratdog said:

Ok we had a tear in the space time continuum. Welcom back!

Well thats about par being more of a Star Trek thing happening on Star Wars day---May the 4th be with you!

Edited by bgs
  • Haha 2
57 minutes ago, pineknott said:

well, the old one wasn't loading right for me for some time,only bringing up the first page from 2 yrs ago

Amy used to recommend starting new each year because of loading issues on threads with so many posts.

4 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Goodness I thought I had got locked out of the ville!!

So glad I got to see your post about your weekend and especially glad I got to see your birthday photo before it went poof.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, bgs said:

So glad I got to see your post about your weekend and especially glad I got to see your birthday photo before it went poof.

I was getting a complex thinking the picture had shut down the thread! LOL... Thanks bunches Brenda for the card and newsie letter, kept me company on the way to WV, you too Lyn.

1 hour ago, pineknott said:

That will teach you...LOLh

Hello, I'm glad I found everyone again.

Reni, that sounds like a scary experience, I hope everything is ok. 

Not much happening here, mom and dad are recovering from their hospital stays and I'm just trying to keep up with everything. Dad went for his follow up with the surgeon yesterday and everything looks good. The doctor gave him the ok to start his covid vaccine again, there are some locations taking walk-ins so we are going to try one of those on Sunday. 

I hope you all have an lovely evening.

2 hours ago, cshort said:

Hello, I'm glad I found everyone again.

Reni, that sounds like a scary experience, I hope everything is ok. 

Not much happening here, mom and dad are recovering from their hospital stays and I'm just trying to keep up with everything. Dad went for his follow up with the surgeon yesterday and everything looks good. The doctor gave him the ok to start his covid vaccine again, there are some locations taking walk-ins so we are going to try one of those on Sunday. 

I hope you all have an lovely evening.

Glad your folks are on the mend.  How many days til school is out? 

Looks like yesterday was a bad day for everyone.

Reni, I do hope things are ok with you.

Turns out I have orthro arthritis in my knee.  There is no padding between the bones anymore and the ER Dr. recommended an MRI.  So all this means is that I have to make an appointment with the knee Dr. Whoppe.  As soon as I can get my ride worked out, I will do this.

Today is the start of therapy, so This should be fun.

Have a fun day.

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

Looks like yesterday was a bad day for everyone.

Reni, I do hope things are ok with you.

Turns out I have orthro arthritis in my knee.  There is no padding between the bones anymore and the ER Dr. recommended an MRI.  So all this means is that I have to make an appointment with the knee Dr. Whoppe.  As soon as I can get my ride worked out, I will do this.

Today is the start of therapy, so This should be fun.

Have a fun day.

Well, if it was me I'd tell him I have extra padding everywhere else, just take some from there and stick it in the knee 🤣

• Haha 2

late getting here this morning

was strolling down memory lane, reading about the coffee roasting business in NY, had a slight giggle when they said most coffee today is roasted in Suffolk Va. yep next town over from us, I knew peanuts ( Planters ) was big in that town, but didn't realize coffee, I know Lipton tea is processed there, You would think all tea is alike,If I have tea out I have to ask if their tea brand is Lipton,that brand make me ill a few minutes after drinking it. I have got strange looks and comments from asking, and I tell them if they ask that it makes me violently ill, and they are like OH !

anyone old enough to remember what an automat is,? I remember this as a kid, when we went into NYC, there was a restaurant the food was behind a glass wall with slots that opened up after you put the coins in, .05 to .35 depending on what you wanted, I guess that was the first phase of vending machine food. what are somethings you remember from days gone by?

my other fond memory was street cart food vendors, hot dog, knishes,roasted chestnuts,peanut vendors with real monkeys

19 hours ago, pineknott said:

lol well you never ever know when that is gonna happen you know lol  it caught our attention anyay right, woke us all up so that is a good thing lol  

Posted (edited)

Out shopping today. I need shorts but cant find any that fit. Went to Ross, found some that might have been ok but the dressing rooms are closed so I couldnt try them on. Will hit Target and try again. Just tired of trying on stuff for today. 

I did get a dress for my nephew's graduation next month. Asked some total strangers in the dressing room for opinions because I was shopping alone and was still waiting for my sister to respond to my text!  Verdict from all three ladies was get the dress!

Edited by ratdog
3 hours ago, pineknott said:

anyone old enough to remember what an automat is,? I remember this as a kid, when we went into NYC, there was a restaurant the food was behind a glass wall with slots that opened up after you put the coins in, .05 to .35 depending on what you wanted, I guess that was the first phase of vending machine food. what are somethings you remember from days gone by?

my other fond memory was street cart food vendors, hot dog, knishes,roasted chestnuts,peanut vendors with real monkeys

I remember the penny candy store we used to go to. Picknup the plastic beach pail and pick out your candy. With 25 cents you could get quite a bit but, count carefully because it was hard to decide what to put back if you were over.  Last day of summer we got $1 for the candy store! BLISS!

• Like 1

Coca Cola bottles out of the cooler in front of the little store! And.....Dill Pickles! The little mom & pop corner grocery store had the biggest dill pickles in a jar for 5¢, same as a candy bar price. The owner would get out his trusty tongs and pull out a huge pickle. Thinking back, I wonder if the tongs were ever cleaned. Ewwww!

• Like 2

Reni, way too much vinegar for them to need washing...PLUS,  I am not even sure we had germs back in the day.....LOL

Ratdog, next time...just text me..!

Internet was down for 3 hours today, I was pacing like a tiger.... I was thinking goodness I am going to have to mop those bathroom floors, which I did, then sat down and read a bit on this months book club choice, very good!  " The Girl With the Louding Voice".....

Lasts months was a page turner also, "The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo"