Joining Legs without Sewing

Sapphire Shadow

Question

Hello you all. I am a new to crochet (just started last month) and I was making a puppy using a free pattern I got online. However, I am very confused on how I am supposed to join the legs to the body. It says 18 sc, 3 sc with first leg, 3 sc with second leg, 18sc. I got to the first 18sc, but I have no idea how to join the legs seamlessly. I tried different ways, but it looks so wrong! Does anyone have a video tutorial they can send me regarding how to connect the pieces? I attached the pattern for reference. 

Puppy.pdf

2 answers to this question

There is also an English version -when you hit 'free Ravelry download' 2 choices come up.  I'm not positive but I think you may need to join Ravelry to download a pattern they are hosting on their site.

The puppy doesn't show what it looks like, but the fox is sitting on its haunches so only a body and just 2 front legs.  It looks like the once you make the 2 legs, and the body up to a point, you just line them up and sc around the body part-way until you run into a leg, continue around the leg, back to the body for a short bit, then the other leg, then the rest of the body--the outline of head and legs sort of looks like the outline of Mickey Mouse's head. (legs=Mickey's ears, body=Mickey's head).

Edited by Granny Square