Meowdy :o)

Nark

Hello!

My name is Eithan and I'm incredibly jazzed to have found this forum. I started crocheting in December of last year but really didn't pick it up seriously until this past month and a half. Last night I completed my very first scarf (which I'll show in the show and tell area) and I couldn't be more excited to start my next project! 

A bit about me: I have two giant dogs (a pyr and an akbash) who love to fill my yarn with goobers and hair. When I'm not chasing them around I draw or do one of my other crafty hobbies. I picked up sewing at the same time as crochet so I've been flip-flopping between them for the past couple months. Due to the NSFW nature of most of my art I won't be posting a link but you can see some of my work below! I adore clowns, care bears, and all things bright and happy so if you like the same hmu.

I'm so excited to meet everyone and can't wait to learn more stitches. Buh-bye! 🤡

17.thumb.png.60425f38ad05eca8662e2e10c4e324a1.png16.PNG.91f907def0f14166bbd7c231d8e78437.PNG564153452_blackbrainzoctober2020.png.bcb435a306545c225e68a510f0dc9e81.png

Hello and Welcome! :)

I always kept my yarn "save" from my dogs or cats. I did not like their hair & other "stuff" on it! like a "doggie smell" :(.  I used baskets or other containers, sometimes clear plastic bags to keep my yarn & my work very clean!. My animals were not allowed to walk on my yarn or my crochet work.

Right now I do not have any animals. But I still protect my yarn from dust & any kind a dirt. As for me I always wash my hands before I start crocheting. I never eat or drink when I crochet with exception of water :).And I still put away my crochet work to my lined basket with a lid :).  Even if I only need to step away for a short time. I got use to doing that when I got my little dog. Now he is gone and I am still doing the same... 

Krys

• Like 1

2 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

Hello and Welcome! :)

I always kept my yarn "save" from my dogs or cats. I did not like their hair & other "stuff" on it! like a "doggie smell" :(.  I used baskets or other containers, sometimes clear plastic bags to keep my yarn & my work very clean!. My animals were not allowed to walk on my yarn or my crochet work.

Right now I do not have any animals. But I still protect my yarn from dust & any kind a dirt. As for me I always wash my hands before I start crocheting. I never eat or drink when I crochet with exception of water :).And I still put away my crochet work to my lined basket with a lid :).  Even if I only need to step away for a short time. I got use to doing that when I got my little dog. Now he is gone and I am still doing the same... 

Krys

Thank you so much! 

I currently use a christmas tree bag to store my surplus and a plastic bin to carry around my current project so it stays clean. That pesky hair just gets in no matter what I do 🤭 Oh well! Guess that's what happens when you have 100lbs+ dogs laying on you all the time. I'm sorry you lost your furry friend though 😔

• Like 1

Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.😁

• Like 1