hed2tog & eehdc??

CraftCache

Question

4 answers to this question

So I guess this is another pattern that was written in shorthand and did not list the abbreviations used?  :bang  I havent seen those used before.   They could be typos.  You might have to search thru the pattern for clues.    Can you tell from photos that came with the pattern if there is a different stitch or do they all look the same.  Does it look ok if you work ehdc2tog for the hed2tog and ehdc for the eehdc?  Are these abbreviations found elsewhere in the pattern?  Have you tried contacting the designer and asking for clarification?  Sometimes you can do a search with the name of the pattern and find info.  

Edited by bgs

I agree with Debscodas, I also read it as extended half double crochet stitch.  Not sure why a plain old DC wouldn't work, haven't tried it but maybe it looks different.

Also agree with Bgs that the pattern SHOULD have had a special stitches section to explain it, as it is not a common stitch.

edit, my bad, I came back later and there do seem to be typos I overlooked before; I think once I figured out 'extended' was meant my brain ignored the typos:

Line 10's hed2tog in line 10 is correctly 'spelled' in line 13 as ehdc2tog, but then line 13 also throws in eehdc which I'm sure has an extra e.

Edited by Granny Square