Need help stitching hat to the head of my crochet plushie

Jelsa

Question

Hey, I have recently received a crochet plushie as a gift and I have a small issue with it. The hat is not stitched to the head, its only on a string and falls off. Could anyone guide me on how to stitch the hat to the head? I dont have any crocheting experience but I have done knitting in past (idk if that helps).

Here is a picture for reference: https://imgur.com/a/pIMEIEw

4 answers to this question

I've fixed a couple of toys with hats using a large curved sewing needle shaped like the letter C.  They come in sizes and if you intend to use yarn, you'll need the huge size.  If you're using sewing thread, a smaller size would work.

I've seen a small pack of them occasionally at the Dollar Store.  JoAnne's would have them.  Not sure about Michael's.  Walmart likely would have them. 

BGS gave you some good links for techniques of how to attach items to amis.  In general when sewing on hats which I do because my amis are mostly made for kids and accessories disappear almost immediately if not attached, I tend to sew the hat on to the head in the location where the hat ends and the brim begins.  This tends to be a good area that doesn't alter the shape of the hat.  It also allows you to add stuffing to the hat to keep it from flattening out.

I would glue that hat to that doll! :) Always works for me!. I do not use glue on my Amigurumi. BUT when it comes to hats, small applications like little flowers or something like that I do use glue.

I can sew everything on, I am very good with sewing. I can sew almost  everything & anything with no patterns.  BUT sometimes things come out a lot better when they are glued on.

Just be very careful where you are putting that glue on. It needs to be applied just above the brim.

I use "Fabri-Tac" -Beacon glue. That glue is great. Very strong, flexible, machine washable, dryer can be use.  It is thick (like jelly) dos not run.  You would put little dots inside that hat & it will work great.

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl