Thread newborn set

debscodas

I have been crocheting for over 60 years and now make baby clothes in my leisure time. Here is a recent set I made with size 10 thread to fit a newborn baby or reborn doll. I would love to see other clothing made with thread. It looks and feels different than clothing made with yarn.

A.jpg

B.jpg

• Like 1

Beautiful! I also make thread clothes for babies. Mostly christening outfits which I have entered into our county fair. Have placed best of show!

Thank you for sharing.

Thanks everyone! I posted this set to begin a conversation about crocheting baby clothes with thread. It seems that most conversation regarding thread is for doilies and such.

There are many things to say about shaping and finishing thread garments. I have a small Etsy shop where I sell my creation made from both vintage and modern patterns. I specialize in creations for preemie to 3 month size, so most patterns must be adapted to fit perfectly. My clients are artists or collectors of reborn dolls. I hope this post can generate discussion about why we made baby clothes with thread and the challenges of doing it.

• 9 months later...