A Wedding Present

Mom w/a Motif

Hello. It's been a long time since I have posted. I wanted to share a Navajo Afghan I finished this year for my sons' best friend, for a wedding gift. They hadn't registered anywhere for their wedding; and so I thought, "afghan". 😛  I asked my son what their living room colors were, and did my best to match them. It took me exactly 25 days to finish- I think that's a record for me. 😆

20201013_115212.jpg

FB_IMG_1602790763355.jpg

FB_IMG_1602622131362.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Tina- Welcome back! Your gift looks great. 25 days is fast. You did much better than me. The last one I made of this pattern was back in 1991 for the new home we had built. It took me months to complete because I kept getting bored with it. I did persevere though, finished it in 1992 just before we moved in and still have it. Anyway, yours will be loved and appreciated. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, Granny Square.  I wonder if I should attack this one fine day (after my 3 much smaller projects are complete).  I sure do love the look of it.  I can see maybe getting a bit bored from time to time. 

This afghan is very easy to make. Since it is made using mainly single crochet, it's time consuming, but satisfying. And the color choices are endless.

A Crochetville CAL was done back in 2007 and includes the OP's link to that pattern.

The original pattern from 1989 is in the leaflet by Leisure Arts Leaflets-#1233- "Southwest Afghans to Crochet" - pattern #7-"Striped Diamond Afghan".

10 hours ago, ReniC said:

This afghan is very easy to make. Since it is made using mainly single crochet, it's time consuming, but satisfying. And the color choices are endless

I think I'm going to go mad trying to choose the colours...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...