Crochet Inheritance

AnnMarie

I'm going through the boxes of old, OLD crochet threads, patterns and accessories that gave been in storage for almost 40 years.  

What should I keep, give away, sell or toss?  Where's the best place to find that information? 

Ann 

PXL_20210321_211508413.jpg

PXL_20210321_211515766.jpg

• Like 1

I'm so glad to get a response.  Do you think this thread would be useable?  I have done the pull test.  It has some resistance but does break.   It's cool to have this but I don't do the intricate work my grandma did 

It's always a plus to receive something that belonged to a loved one.

I have some very old crochet thread that still holds up to the test of time. Here's a video that helps explain about the "break" method. It probably applies to crochet thread also.

Glad Reni found a video, I've never TRIED to break crochet thread but have never had old thread apart as I was crocheting with it.  Shucks, the way I block my doilies if the thread was fragile they'd be toast at that point...

On 3/22/2021 at 10:42 AM, Granny Square said:

Glad Reni found a video, I've never TRIED to break crochet thread but have never had old thread apart as I was crocheting with it.  Shucks, the way I block my doilies if the thread was fragile they'd be toast at that point...

I hear ya'! I use the old dinosaur steam iron and press and starch my doilies into oblivion. Well, not oblivion, but, they do get pressed and blocked quite a bit. LOL.

Oh! Such beautiful threads! I use tons of ""vintage" threads. I don't recall any breaking, most is dusty, dirty. I am a thrift store shopper & am tickled to find vintage threads. 

• Thanks 1