Capelet trouble with second row!

Cfechter

Question

I got to row two I crocheted I did sc and 11 dc in space*across to beginning ( wouldn’t that be the end.?)then it say 7 skipped chains, s in fifth ch of 7 skipped chains, chain 4, turn. 
( this pattern has no diagram) Help!

C37F3E94-0A7B-42C1-A94D-3E1123FB3869.jpeg

4 answers to this question

I take Row 2 instructions to mean work the 11-dc groups in the chain-5 spaces, alternating with one sc in the chain-6 spaces, and when you get to the last chain space (which in pattern would be a space where a sc goes), there's special instructions to sc in a specific chain.  

A person could take the Note to explain why the end is called the beginning.  Experience tells me it's a good idea to keep track of which edge you are working from, and towards.

What book is that?  Now I'm all intrigued by that pattern!

Edit to add, I think I found it Coral Capelet (link to pattern page at Ravelry)

Edited by criblet
Add link to pattern

89351805_patternforcape.jpg.fe60cf5e8546612a370b6efc8d9b9c7a.jpgCopied pattern line so I didn't have to scroll. 

SC in DC

then AROUND the loop formed by 5 chains (5-ch space) you put 11 DC--yes you can cram that many there--they will spread out and help you reach to the next step,

(start of a repeat)  SC AROUND the loop formed by 6 chains (the ch-6 space), then you put 11 DCs AROUND the ch-5 space (end of repeat)

To work around a chain space, pretend the span of chains is the top 2 loops of a normal stitch, and work around the chain as you would work around the 2 loops of the top of a normal stich.

This is a common lace maneuver;  the SC sort of cinches up the chain loop it's sitting in, so half of the chain sort of 'hangs out next to' one DC shell (as if it were a DC in the shell), and the other half of the chain 'hangs out next to' the next DC shell...this sounds weird, it will make sense when you do it.  (I hope)  

• Like 1

That's a cute little cape.  Just the kind of thing I like.  It is too bad that we have to buy a book to get the pattern and also too bad that half the patterns are for knitted items.  Oh well...