hello all :)

sinema

Hi everyone! I'm Amanda, when I'm online I generally go by sinema (like 'cinema'), or sin for short. Found this group on Ravelry recently and decided that today would be the day I jump in and finally start trying to participate in a crochet community. Crocheting has been an on-and-off hobby since I was a kid, alongside writing, gaming, film, and technology like computers and cameras. At this point, my main hobby is collecting hobbies. 

I have three guinea pigs, two of which you can see in the profile photo -- Spooky (left, black and orange) and Rumor (right, white w/ red eyes). I have a third named Moxie but he's still a baby, so he's very fast and hard to get him to sit still for a picture.

My main problem is that I love starting projects, but it's the finishing that gets difficult -- I tend to just abandon what I'm doing and start something else instead. Hopefully this is the year that changes! 

Edited by sinema
clarity
  • Like 1

Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.😁

There are times when we all will start a project and then go to something else instead of finishing.

Hello and welcome! Cute little piggies ❤️Maybe try making smaller things that you’re more likely to finish. I don’t start multiple projects like many do. When I used to do that I would end up never finishing most of them. 

Thanks so much everybody! It's very nice to have such a warm welcome. 

And Lilol, that's very good advice, as rude as it sounds I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. Maybe one thing at a time would work out better for me. :)

• Like 1

I’ve seen many discussions on this and I’m in the minority as far as having multiple projects going at one time. You’re in good company 😉I’m the weirdo 

Hello from Mississippi! I'm bad about finishing the main part, but putting off weaving in the ends or getting all the squares made and not putting them together. I generally have more than one project being worked on just because I'm not always in the mood for one or another.