This baby blanket pattern

Helene

Question

This blanket was done by a woman who found the pattern online.  It is a free pattern for which she no longer has the link.  It is the seed stitch but may be called by this site by another name.  I located it and then lost internet connection and have been unable to find it again since January 20th.  The pattern is done in the exact same colorway using Lion brand Touch of Cashmere yarn.  Has anyone seen it or have the link?  Please let me know.  Your help is most gratefully appreciated.  Thank you.

I am only looking for the pattern for the blanket.  The hat and booties are patterns she added herself.  The site only had the blanket pattern with the the lamb on it.  Thanks, again.

Baby Blanket Sheep.jpg

Edited by Helene

14 answers to this question

Not it, but might be useful for just the sheep applique; the original appears to use popcorns for the puffy stitches on the sheep and the border.

And crochet stitch names are weird, that pattern isn't one I've seen named seed stitch (before, but anything is possible with crochet stitches), seed/ moss/ woven/ granite stitch usually refer to this stitch pattern.

I know it is positively the seed stitch the picture I posted was from the woman who made it.  She told me It is 6 rows seed followed by 2 rows of single crochet.  I have made the blanket but don't have the information for the border which she said she believed the pattern called for a bobble border.

She did the sheep in the bobble stitch and was a free applique pattern she found online.  I've come across many of those.  It was not part of the original blanket pattern.  I'm not interested in the sheep.

thank you very much for your response.

Edited by Helene

Hi, Janice  Thank you for your response.  I was using my iPad when I lost the connection.  I did a search on that date and I found my original search request for a crochet seed stitch baby blanket.  However, I've been through that google search many, many times and cannot find the blanket again.  Thanks for your help.

I'm not familiar with the blanket pattern which would be easy enough to reverse engineer for the rows you mentioned. However, here is a pattern for a "popcorn border" that is very similar to your photo. I think the only difference being a final round of single crochet on your blanket.

Hi, Rena.......... Many thanks for your response.  It is greatly appreciated.  I have completed the blanket portion.   I had to make adjustments as the pattern on the site which I lost was done in  Worsted weight yarn using Lion Brand Touch of Cashmere.  I have used DK and made the necessary adjustments in both number of rows and hook size.  Thank you for the bobble pattern you shared.  I love Moogly's stuff.  Your sharing this link with me couldn't have come at a better time.  I have completed one side of a bobble stitch border and will be frogging it to use the one  you shared.

I am in hopes that I will find the original site with the pattern as they had other items I very much would love to crochet.  When I have completed the border, I will post a picture.  Thank you, again, for your help.

22 hours ago, Helene said:

Hi, Rena.......... Many thanks for your response.  It is greatly appreciated.  I have completed the blanket portion.   I had to make adjustments as the pattern on the site which I lost was done in  Worsted weight yarn using Lion Brand Touch of Cashmere.  I have used DK and made the necessary adjustments in both number of rows and hook size.  Thank you for the bobble pattern you shared.  I love Moogly's stuff.  Your sharing this link with me couldn't have come at a better time.  I have completed one side of a bobble stitch border and will be frogging it to use the one  you shared.

I am in hopes that I will find the original site with the pattern as they had other items I very much would love to crochet.  When I have completed the border, I will post a picture.  Thank you, again, for your help.

I'm glad the link has helped and look forward to seeing a photo of the finished blanket. By any chance, do you remember any part of the name of the pattern? It might ring a bell for us to the full title.

I only wish I did have a bit of a name or a bit of the blog name.  I've been doing searches since 1/20 to try to re-locate the site.

5 hours ago, Helene said:

I only wish I did have a bit of a name or a bit of the blog name.  I've been doing searches since 1/20 to try to re-locate the site.

That's too bad. Hopefully, maybe something will trigger your memory.🙂

Reni... As promised here is my completed blanket.  Thank you, again, for your help in locating the pattern I ended up using for the bobble stitch.

Seed stitch dragonfly blanket.jpg