Forum software has been upgraded this morning Jan 31, 2021

Donna

Donna you have more on mobile than I have but you may be on tablet and I am on a phone.  Its just amazing the differences in what we all see.  

I have B I U for bold italics underline.

Then the smiley face for emojis.

The next one has something to do with links.

The last one is the sheet of paper with folded corner.

I never use the last two.

Donna do you get the same dialogue box when you go in to edit your signature as you do for replying to a post.  Seems like it used to work a little different but its been 3 or 4 upgrades back since I have been there on a pc.

17 minutes ago, bgs said:

Donna you have more on mobile than I have but you may be on tablet and I am on a phone.  Its just amazing the differences in what we all see.  

I have B I U for bold italics underline.

Then the smiley face for emojis.

The next one has something to do with links.

The last one is the sheet of paper with folded corner.

I never use the last two.

@bgs Brenda, that's not actually what it looks like on my mobile device, it's just what my laptop shows when I decrease the width of the screen small enough to trigger the "mobile" display settings. I thought that's what might be happening for @pineknott

Also, I just realized that in the screenshot I showed, the first icon that says "Source" is only available to admins.

The link one (that looks like two chain links) allows you post a clickable link, like this:
Here's a link to The Craft Yarn Council
So, if you ever want to post a link that shows as text rather than showing the entire URL, you can use that link icon.

The sheet of paper with the folded corner is "preview." It allows you to preview what your reply will look like before posting.

17 minutes ago, bgs said:

Donna do you get the same dialogue box when you go in to edit your signature as you do for replying to a post.  Seems like it used to work a little different but its been 3 or 4 upgrades back since I have been there on a pc.

Yes, I just checked that now. The dialogue box is the same for signatures and replying to a post. Thank your for bringing that to my attention!

7 minutes ago, pineknott said:

Donna,

Right now, I'm on my tablet and it shows the paint brush and increase went to the PC and it just shows the 9 options

@pineknott Just so I'm clear – you have the icons to change font size and color in the reply box on your PC but not on your tablet? Is that correct?

I got all excited and posted to the wrong dang thread, after hubby fixed the problem on the pc. it was magnified to 125% he brought it down to 100% and now I have all options, I'm sure glad I can laugh at myself, for the messes  I get into on the computer ;)

Just now, pineknott said:

I got all excited and posted to the wrong dang thread, after hubby fixed the problem on the pc. it was magnified to 125% he brought it down to 100% and now I have all options, I'm sure glad I can laugh at myself, for the messes  I get into on the computer ;)

Yay, I'm so glad it's working for you! :clap

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, folks! Everyone who is on mobile (tablet or phone) should see they now have a lot more controls available in the editor window (reply box) toolbar. I've added these to the tablet/phone toolbar: text color, font size, align left, align center, bulleted list, numbered list. Please let me know if this is a helpful addition. :badidea

Also, to everyone – whether you are on desktop or mobile – is there anything you'd like to be able to do in the editor window that you currently can't because you don't have a button to control it?

:ty

• Like 1

Just now, NCcountrygal said:

Thank you. I can now use color. (When I remember). I’m good on features. 

You're welcome! ☺️
And thank you for the feedback.
I'm so glad I figured out why mobile users were getting fewer icon controls in the toolbar. :yay

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I have added an icon to the editor toolbar so you can change the background color on text.

It may be useful if you want to emphasize something like this.

Below is an image showing which icon it is, circled in red.

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 2.42.27 PM.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Donna I just realized when sending a pm that when the dialogue box opens up for me there that the box opens up closer to the edge of my screen than it does than when replying in the forum like right now so the type is larger like it used to be here when replying in forum.  Dont know if this helps in figuring out why after upgrade my type got so small here.

• 3 months later...