2021 WIPs

19 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Glad your better today. I sometimes get eye migraines (weird light show squiggly light) not always followed by a busting headache.  Have never figured out what triggers it. 
Maybe, this one is the charm.  I did the same with the coral ombré.  Thinking I might skip making another blanket with the green and use that yarn on a side by side cardigan pattern I have.  

Thanks Diana. Migraine free today- YAY! Worked a few rounds on the blanket last night. I'm excited about the way the colors are forming on this one. This one's for me! The cardigan sounds interesting. I saw a cardigan pattern yesterday that looked simple/easy. I looked for it this morning again thinking I might want to make it and after an hour finally found it. It's now tucked safely where I can find it.

6 hours ago, ReniC said:

Thanks Diana. Migraine free today- YAY! Worked a few rounds on the blanket last night. I'm excited about the way the colors are forming on this one. This one's for me! The cardigan sounds interesting. I saw a cardigan pattern yesterday that looked simple/easy. I looked for it this morning again thinking I might want to make it and after an hour finally found it. It's now tucked safely where I can find it.

Just about to start the final side on the red buffalo blanket, then it’ll be done.  It’s sweltering Humid hot 🥵 so may work on socks till later tonight then the ghan.  Like the cardi.   The pattern I have is called Sporty one-piece crochet cardigan designed by Nicole Wang.  It’s open style front too.  I had started it with a rust color yarn then lost interest and wanted the yarn for another project and rip. Have a good pm. 

8A3388D4-2A49-465A-B1DF-22522801D59B.jpeg

Edited by NCcountrygal
Add photo

• 2 weeks later...

RHSS-True Blue-Ombre' with a I/9 hook. Large Granny Square and I've already chosen a border but I'm not sure yet if I'll use the whole border pattern.  Lovin' it!

WIP.jpg

ETA: Oops- not a Granny Square but the Block Stitch.

Edited by ReniC
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm still plugging along on the blue ombre' blanket. A few more rows to go and then the border. I'm battling a lack of cro-mojo currently. I keep looking at a half made doily sitting in my crochet basket. Plus, all the other WIPs I have stashed around here. Shame on me! LOL

3 hours ago, ReniC said:

I'm still plugging along on the blue ombre' blanket. A few more rows to go and then the border. I'm battling a lack of cro-mojo currently. I keep looking at a half made doily sitting in my crochet basket. Plus, all the other WIPs I have stashed around here. Shame on me! LOL

It'll come back.  I am sooo ready for cooler weather!  I haven't touched any crochet today, looking at recipe books and magazines.  Planning on making an applesauce bread this pm or tomorrow.

21 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

It'll come back.  I am sooo ready for cooler weather!  I haven't touched any crochet today, looking at recipe books and magazines.  Planning on making an applesauce bread this pm or tomorrow.

That sounds good. I'd guess it's very moist. I very seldom bake anymore. DD will make something for me at my request. Lucky me. 🙂

• 1 month later...

Both blankets finished.  Doll baby waiting for me to sew.  Cardigan on hold, not started.  Mulling over starting on Sublime Sweater, block colors.  Nearly finished this poncho: turtleneck poncho  Used Sheepish gray color stash yarn for collar and the body using Heartland Tweed-Mount Rainier (light gray) stash yarn.

Turtleneck Poncho Pattern Crochet Poncho Pattern Boho Poncho | Etsy

1 hour ago, NCcountrygal said:

Poncho will be finished today.  Dh bought me the yarn for above pictured cardigan. (several posts up)

Looking forward to seeing it!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

Made it to row 33 whilst chatting with holiday guests.  Then it dawned on me something wasn't right. RIP back to row 24.  On track and on row 29.  The turkey yesterday caused all of us to get very sedate.

Boy I'll say! That turkey made me fall asleep in my recliner last night. Sounds like the cardi is going along smoother now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Sleeve one done, made alterations from pattern.  On second sleeve.  

iwils.jpg

Edited by ReniC
  • Haha 1