Jump to content

Recommended Posts



  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just about finished with my counter top mat for catching dribbles from the coffee pot. 

This should keep me busy for awhile. 😄

How did you make the red and black Buffalo check afghan?  Was it double strands or what colors were called for? Love everything you are making. I am making  c2c squares that have safari anim

Posted Images

1 hour ago, NCcountrygal said:

Thanks, Reni.  I’ll keep that in mind for his sweater.  How’s your Afghan coming along?  
Another hot one today.  Already have had squash and tomatoes from the garden.  

You're welcome. I got the last round finally completed last night. I need to weave in ends and it's fini. I'm not sure what project I'll start next. "Gloomy here today", as my mother used to say when it was overcast in the Bay Area. I don't find it gloomy though. It's sort of a relief from the hot, sizzling sun beating down. The squash and tomatoes sound delicious. If water wasn't so blasted expensive here, I'd do some container growing. Off now to clean the refrigerator out. Have a blessed day!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ReniC said:

You're welcome. I got the last round finally completed last night. I need to weave in ends and it's fini. I'm not sure what project I'll start next. "Gloomy here today", as my mother used to say when it was overcast in the Bay Area. I don't find it gloomy though. It's sort of a relief from the hot, sizzling sun beating down. The squash and tomatoes sound delicious. If water wasn't so blasted expensive here, I'd do some container growing. Off now to clean the refrigerator out. Have a blessed day!

I’ll be grating some squash to make fritters later today.  We use a lot of rain water but I know that’s not allowed in AZ. 
I’ve pulled out my jelly beans bears pattern by Christal Friend.  Thinking I may make some more of them.  
have a blessed day too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Here’s what a skein looks like so far:

 

D7C2C7B4-B10A-4EDC-A5D8-3A5835B04234.jpeg

Whoa! So pretty. Red Heart has done a great job of making their ombre colors pop.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s the stripe that accentuates the RH. That’s what I noticed when I looked at the examples of the chevrons using RH ombré.  I’m using a 10 to 2 spacing. Started with 235 chains.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2021 at 5:54 PM, NCcountrygal said:

I think it’s the stripe that accentuates the RH. That’s what I noticed when I looked at the examples of the chevrons using RH ombré.  I’m using a 10 to 2 spacing. Started with 235 chains. 

I like chevron patterns even though I haven't made any since the mid-90's. I've been threatening for some time to make Deborah Norville's pattern. I wonder how it would turn out with the RH Ombre.

Edited by ReniC
link corrected
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ReniC said:

I like chevron patterns even though I haven't made any since the mid-90's. I've been threatening for some time to make Deborah Norville's pattern. I wonder how it would turn out with the RH Ombre.

I get a 404 not found. I did search ripple and looked at radiant and reading.  Both nice.  I think the ombré would look good in the radiant ripple  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

I get a 404 not found. I did search ripple and looked at radiant and reading.  Both nice.  I think the ombré would look good in the radiant ripple  

Oops- sorry. That's strange. Yesterday it opened easily. I always double check after I post a link to make sure it works. Today the link said it doesn't exist. Go figure.  Does this link work for the Aubergine Ripple Throw?

I was thinking more on it and the ombre yarn might not work so well with this pattern since it is so distinct with each color.

Edited by ReniC
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ReniC said:

Oops- sorry. That's strange. Yesterday it opened easily. I always double check after I post a link to make sure it works. Today the link said it doesn't exist. Go figure.  Does this link work for the Aubergine Ripple Throw?

I was thinking more on it and the ombre yarn might not work so well with this pattern since it is so distinct with each color.

That’s a beauty. Very busy looking but it works with the color blend. I agree ombré wouldn’t give you the same effect. 

I have a ripple pattern in my stash patterns that I used when I made baby afghans for PRR.  Uses dc and a wavier look.  I have another planned with green ombré, blue, orange and off white, tentatively thinking of using that ripple but increased to a full size bed.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NCcountrygal said:

That’s a beauty. Very busy looking but it works with the color blend. I agree ombré wouldn’t give you the same effect. 

I have a ripple pattern in my stash patterns that I used when I made baby afghans for PRR.  Uses dc and a wavier look.  I have another planned with green ombré, blue, orange and off white, tentatively thinking of using that ripple but increased to a full size bed.  

Those colors sound very pretty. A full sized bed? You are ambitious. I'm looking to make some smaller items while it's so hot here. Even with the Ac going on and off every 15 minutes, it gets too hot for me with a large item.

ETA: I just got a update from crochetncreate's site for a new doily pattern. Along with the pillowcase trims, this will be my next project(s) to make a few for my DD's house warming gift package. I'm hoping I have some more size 3 weight cotton thread in one of the storage boxes. Yay! Off to look in my stash. Have a lovely day!

Edited by ReniC
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ReniC said:

Those colors sound very pretty. A full sized bed? You are ambitious. I'm looking to make some smaller items while it's so hot here. Even with the Ac going on and off every 15 minutes, it gets too hot for me with a large item.

ETA: I just got a update from crochetncreate's site for a new doily pattern. Along with the pillowcase trims, this will be my next project(s) to make a few for my DD's house warming gift package. I'm hoping I have some more size 3 weight cotton thread in one of the storage boxes. Yay! Off to look in my stash. Have a lovely day!

We had rain and stormy weather yesterday.  The temps dropped and today is gorgeous.  Nice breeze blowing, too. Humidity is way down.  The green blanket is inspired by small-medium size fleece mom gave me.  I like the colors so much I wanted a bigger blanket for the couch.   It may end up smaller and I might change my mind on the pattern. As the afghans get larger I’ll put them aside till Sept/Oct. Have a wonderful evening. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty doily.  Now I want to go window shopping at her site. Lol. Will need to recharge battery soon.  Oh, I’ve started on a summer 18 inch doll dress as a small project by Paradise patterns. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When did Paradise get patterns bigger than Barbie.  I know I have not been on there for quite a while.  I have most of the Barbie patterns.  Got tired of working with beads and that is most of the last new ones that had.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

When did Paradise get patterns bigger than Barbie.  I know I have not been on there for quite a while.  I have most of the Barbie patterns.  Got tired of working with beads and that is most of the last new ones that had.

Only dress with hat pattern and 2 poncho patterns. 
https://pattern-paradise.com/2017/06/28/crochet-pattern-dolly-halter-dress-set/

I think it’s the last doll pattern I must have bought.  Pattern date indicates 2017. Well written. Enjoyable to make. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, that is a different Paradise than the one I knew.  I see the other has shut down and the patterns are on e-bay and such.

Love the outfit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I started one of the small doilies last night after going through my stash. I found some fingering weight cotton/acrylic yarn I completely forgot I had, couldn't even remember why I bought it and thought I'd give it a try. I got through Rnd 7 and it looks nice. It has a soft texture to it.

I still need to weave in ends on the white afghan. Maybe I'll get ambitious and do that first thing after family leaves this evening. (Can you tell I belong to the "I hate weaving in ends club?"- LOL)

Happy 4th! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Thanks, that is a different Paradise than the one I knew.  I see the other has shut down and the patterns are on e-bay and such.

Love the outfit.

I thought it might be as I don’t remember any Barbie outfits.   Nice pattern.  Includes hat and sandals too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ReniC said:

I started one of the small doilies last night after going through my stash. I found some fingering weight cotton/acrylic yarn I completely forgot I had, couldn't even remember why I bought it and thought I'd give it a try. I got through Rnd 7 and it looks nice. It has a soft texture to it.

I still need to weave in ends on the white afghan. Maybe I'll get ambitious and do that first thing after family leaves this evening. (Can you tell I belong to the "I hate weaving in ends club?"- LOL)

Happy 4th! 

Lol.  Like me hating assembling amigurumi parts. 
Happy 4th!  Going to be pretty noisy come sunset.  

CB559B01-F617-4581-8BC7-79C2C8462A10.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh love the flag Diana.

Here is the type of pattern Paradise Publications carried (the old one) all but the big Bride doll are from Paradise Publications.

 

June 2010 Table 001.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Oh love the flag Diana.

Here is the type of pattern Paradise Publications carried (the old one) all but the big Bride doll are from Paradise Publications.

 

June 2010 Table 001.jpg

So lovely!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Latest WIP: https://www.freevintagecrochet.com/doilies/7714-doily-pattern.html
A pineapple oblong. On row 11, so far so good. 

Ha! How funny. I copied this pattern off last night. I thought it would be pretty on my coffee table.

In the pattern, I assume by a loop they mean a ch 3?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ReniC said:

In the pattern, I assume by a loop they mean a ch 3?

Yes. I’ve had this pattern in my stash for at least a decade.  I wasn’t sure if it’s the one I used before on the dresser.  I believe it is. 
im using perle 5 thread and 1.75mm

i believe there is errata when you start reducing the loops. I always have one more loop then indicated but I just continue till I have the last loop.  In other words, use instinct or previous knowledge to finish.  Hoping this one will turn out better than first time.  Probably was on pain killers and missed something. 😝 Will need to block mine

A65796B1-204D-4C30-ABDF-2ECD76D7F74D.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...