Jump to content

Recommended Posts



  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just about finished with my counter top mat for catching dribbles from the coffee pot. 

This should keep me busy for awhile. 😄

How did you make the red and black Buffalo check afghan?  Was it double strands or what colors were called for? Love everything you are making. I am making  c2c squares that have safari anim

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2021 at 7:25 AM, NCcountrygal said:

Started another Seafarers Cap(hat). A few more rows on the Buffalo ghan. I think I made it too wide still haven’t got as much length as width   Been so nice outdoors. Enjoying the irises blooming. Two container planted with geraniums. Dh has done a lot of spring cleaning chores outdoors   Has the garden ready for planting. Trimmed my hedges with trimmer. Tomatoes, green peppers planted. I’ve got two container sweet basil planted. Harvested chives twice and shared with neighbor.  Eggs out the kazoo.  Sharing that too.  I love being outdoors even if I have to rest a lot and trigger pain episodes if I push it. Sat in the swing and crocheted awhile till the skeeters started biting.  Have fun crocheting all. 

Sounds really nice and warmy! Love summer season fo that

Edited by Robb77
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


ok sorry I have been absent.  Here is my newest project.  I got a picture of my neighbor's dog and a friend got a friend to draw a picture of the outline and I gave that to a friend to make me a graph.

It is suppose to be 150 stitches x200 rows.  Smaller than an afghan and yet bigger than a baby blanker.

It will be done in tax with dk brown outline.  This is the file I sent to be makde into a graph.

Tiki1.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to seeing your friends dog afghan. 
Hot today. Tiny red bugs swarming, when they bite ya know it. Mosquitoes are also out since the weather warmed up. Been seeing chimney sweeps out at nightfall Told em please eat all u want and bring friends. Bwg

Have been working on Tunisian dishcloths. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A storm is trying to brew, but, I don't think it's going to quite come to be. We've had high winds for 3 days and 60's for 2 days for our highs. Now down to 52°. Go figure. Last week was in the low 90's. I've seen it snow here in May, very unusual.

Mary Jo: The sketch turned out nice. I misunderstood about exactly what you needed. I thought you needed someone on here to make the graph. I could have sketched the dog for you. Sorry.

Diana: The red bugs sound scary to me. We don't have too many mosquitos but, we do have biting gnats. And they leave a whopper of a welt when it starts itching, for days too. I haven't seen a chimney sweep in ages. When I was about 12, my 5 year old cousin in Austria was a chimney sweep for Halloween. So cute, top hat and all. Wish I knew where the photo was.

I worked several rows on the Moss stitch blanket last night for DD. It's coming along at a good pace since I'm using #5 weight yarn. I still haven't decided on a border yet. I only have 1 skein of the variegated blue for the border, so I may have to alternate that with the white. We'll see.

Hope all are enjoying the day no matter what your weather is doing in your home towns.

 

Edited by ReniC
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Reni:  Our weather has been unusual as well. Dh replanted the squash and zucchini seeds as they need warm/hot soil. It turned colder and a cold wind blew. I loved it as I’m already hot natured. Today suppose to be low 90s.  I’ve seen more lightning bugs than in previous years, too. I remember lots of chimney sweeps on my visits to Grandma decades ago.  I think there are 2 flying about.  When I think of Austrian chimney sweeps I have images of the men covered in soot from cleaning chimneys. Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Reni:  Our weather has been unusual as well. Dh replanted the squash and zucchini seeds as they need warm/hot soil. It turned colder and a cold wind blew. I loved it as I’m already hot natured. Today suppose to be low 90s.  I’ve seen more lightning bugs than in previous years, too. I remember lots of chimney sweeps on my visits to Grandma decades ago.  I think there are 2 flying about.  When I think of Austrian chimney sweeps I have images of the men covered in soot from cleaning chimneys. Lol

Diana: Were you talking about bugs? If so, never heard of them before. I thought you meant Chimney Sweep people! :rofl  This is how my cousin was dressed for their Halloween. He even had a tiny ladder attached like the Hummel figurine. My aunt was so talented when it came to crafting, crochet, knitting, you name it. So was my mom. They were taught all this in school.

BTW: I love Tunisian crochet and always say I never make enough items out of it. I thinks it's the drape that I like so much.

Enjoy the day! Hugs.

Sweeper.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Reni sometimes lightning bugs are called Fireflies.  Depends on where you grew up.

Now as for the sketch.  Thanks, but I do realize that I was having trouble getting people to under stand what I wanted.  The person who finally did it, made a beautiful in black and white, but unable to use, as it had hair and stuff added.

No I have a friend on FB who can make graphs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ReniC said:

Diana: Were you talking about bugs? If so, never heard of them before. I thought you meant Chimney Sweep people! :rofl  This is how my cousin was dressed for their Halloween. He even had a tiny ladder attached like the Hummel figurine. My aunt was so talented when it came to crafting, crochet, knitting, you name it. So was my mom. They were taught all this in school.

BTW: I love Tunisian crochet and always say I never make enough items out of it. I thinks it's the drape that I like so much.

Enjoy the day! Hugs.

Sweeper.jpg

Lol I thought that’s what you meant but the chimney sweeps are like bats that I was referring to. They use to reside in the chimneys during the day and eat skeeters during the night.  Lovely Hummel.  Not sure if mom still has that one or similar. 
I have a Tunisian book I bought because of a top I liked but still no urge to make it.  I have a crochet v-stitch tank top I put on today.  It’s made with 5 thread.  It was perfect to wear today.  Soooo thinking about making another.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the first big hurdle over.  10 rows of DK brown only then 10 stitches of DK and 130 of Buff (tan) and 10 or DK for 43 rows.  I am finally able to start the graph. :jumpyay

Busy day today.  The lawn guys are here (first group), the cleaners come and the care workers are coming. 

Funny how you take if for granted, till you can't do it anymore.  I get my hair washed today.:jumpyay Next thing to set up is the hairdresser coming to the house.  Can't make it into the salon anymore.

My neighbor is talking pool.  Not sure if they want an above ground or inground. He doesn't really want any.  He ain't happy with the pavers when they had to cut stone in the back and got it on his windows and screen house.  He is like a fussy old lady.  

Off to take pills, eat breakfast and get ready for the day.

Hay have a fun day today.

Lea, how did your son make out?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yahoo. The fun part. 
Looks like an eventful day for you, Mary Jo.  I’ll wash mine later today or just sweat some more and take shower later. 😝 

Does he know how much upkeep there is to having a pool?  Not to mention pool chlorine is on the shortage list, supposedly. 
ps did u mean to post here or another thread. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought I would post here as I had not been here much.  I have not felt like crocheting, but thought I would say Hi!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mary Jo: You have a very busy day planned today. Be sure to rest as needed. I've never seen a lightning bug. California and Arizona do not have them. My loss. Pools: I'd love to have one again, but, too much work and expense for a old lady. I wouldn't dare put that burden on my DD and SIL. I'm past due and threatening to get my hair cut. Maybe next week.

Diana: I too have a couple of Tunisian books and have not made any patterns from them. A Slip Stitch pattern book too. I don't know why, just haven't. Guess I just get too mixed up in WIP's with regular crochet.

Off to eat a late breakfast. Don't know what yet. Hmmm....a waffle and fruit sound good!             Enjoy your day!

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Thought I would post here as I had not been here much.  I have not felt like crocheting, but thought I would say Hi!

Only mentioned cause I don’t know Lea.  :)  No explanations necessary. Have a nice day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ReniC said:

Diana: I too have a couple of Tunisian books and have not made any patterns from them. A Slip Stitch pattern book too. I don't know why, just haven't. Guess I just get too mixed up in WIP's with regular crochet.      Enjoy your day!

Well if we get the urge the resources are available. Lol

Wishing you a wonderful day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still making Tunisian crochet dishcloths. Neighbor flew to Texas and took the dishcloths for her daughter.  Two went to a sil think my goal will to make for all the SILs at least one. 
Today decided the flower squares would make a nice pillow for dil.  On 3rd square. 

4CE471B5-9712-4F5E-A135-45C5EE920074.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Diana: What pretty squares! You're DIL is sure to love it. I'm always threatening to crochet some pillow covers and have leftover yarn from the GD's afghan I made her. Maybe I should use it up for a pillow to make a set.

Mary Jo: How's that blanket coming along?

Enjoy the holiday and be safe!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

On 5/29/2021 at 11:56 AM, NCcountrygal said:

The squares are made. The sewing or stitching together next and then the backside.   Have a nice Memorial weekend.  Will visit dad’s grave. 
 

11D323A9-4EF4-4941-B2C2-EA64CD6E31FB.jpeg

Those squares are very nice, I like them. I was thinking that I probably should make one more pillow cover for my daughter. Because I have here one extra big pillow insert that been "siting" for a couple years on a shelf. I do think that would make a nice pillow cover & I think my daughter would like that. As for me:  "I NEED TO GET RID OF THAT PILLOW INSERT FROM MY CLOSET! LOL".

Would you be able to provide a Link to that pattern?

Thank You,

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

 

Those squares are very nice, I like them. I was thinking that I probably should make one more pillow cover for my daughter. Because I have here one extra big pillow insert that been "siting" for a couple years on a shelf. I do think that would make a nice pillow cover & I think my daughter would like that. As for me:  "I NEED TO GET RID OF THAT PILLOW INSERT FROM MY CLOSET! LOL".

Would you be able to provide a Link to that pattern?

Thank You,

Krys

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2021 at 4:00 PM, ReniC said:

Diana: What pretty squares! You're DIL is sure to love it. I'm always threatening to crochet some pillow covers and have leftover yarn from the GD's afghan I made her. Maybe I should use it up for a pillow to make a set.

Mary Jo: How's that blanket coming along?

Enjoy the holiday and be safe!

Pillows are fun, quick projects. Go for it.  We had some drenching rainfall Saturday and a cool down today. Wonderful day.   Tomorrow grill out at eldest sons house. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

 

Those squares are very nice, I like them. I was thinking that I probably should make one more pillow cover for my daughter. Because I have here one extra big pillow insert that been "siting" for a couple years on a shelf. I do think that would make a nice pillow cover & I think my daughter would like that. As for me:  "I NEED TO GET RID OF THAT PILLOW INSERT FROM MY CLOSET! LOL".

Would you be able to provide a Link to that pattern?

Thank You,

Krys

I understand  lol. I have one or two more pillows waiting to be used.  A great way to use up yarn and all colors look great in this pattern.  I have a written pattern some where, but watched the video since it was right there. By the 3rd square I had it memorized and making them went pretty quick. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...