Jump to content

Recommended Posts



  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just about finished with my counter top mat for catching dribbles from the coffee pot. 

This should keep me busy for awhile. 😄

How did you make the red and black Buffalo check afghan?  Was it double strands or what colors were called for? Love everything you are making. I am making  c2c squares that have safari anim

Posted Images

Another Herrschners catalog arrived. The boho hobo bag caught my interest. Been working on the afghans and wanted a smaller project. Found the pattern on Premier’s website.  Started it last night with yarn in my stash. 

31FCEBDA-7147-4B83-8DDC-34D7E8E14C68.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I started a Navajo Afghan for our new couch. Since the one we have doesn't really match anymore. It will have to be relegated to the recliner in our bedroom. 😛 (Does anyone remember the Smoke Signals CAL?) 

20210314_191808.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


Diana: Did you finish the cardigan? That is a cute hobo bag. Keep us posted how it goes.

Tina: Another one? You must not get bored easily like I do with repeated single crochet. That will go super on your new sofa (saw it in the gift afghan you posted). Love the color combo and your stitches/tension are so precise. It's going to be a beauty.

Edited by ReniC
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mom w/a Motif said:

I started a Navajo Afghan for our new couch. Since the one we have doesn't really match anymore. It will have to be relegated to the recliner in our bedroom. 😛 (Does anyone remember the Smoke Signals CAL?) 

20210314_191808.jpg

That’s a beauty. Love the colors!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Still working on the boho bag. 

The bag is turning out pretty!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Today was straighten up and organize and think about that next project. Finished the cosy stripe blanket, will still have to finish ends otherwise done. Worked on buffalo ghan some more.

Saw the coat hangar question and I have a few I want to cover and like this simple design and can use stash yarn, leftovers   Might start that this week. https://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/2018/09/a-crochet-coat-hanger.html
Anybody else have wips to share?

wips=work in progress 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely projects!

I am taking a crochet break so no WIP today. We are approaching Holy Week in the Orthodox church, so I have closed my Etsy shop until after Pascha (Eastern Easter).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Started another Seafarers Cap(hat). A few more rows on the Buffalo ghan. I think I made it too wide still haven’t got as much length as width   Been so nice outdoors. Enjoying the irises blooming. Two container planted with geraniums. Dh has done a lot of spring cleaning chores outdoors   Has the garden ready for planting. Tomatoes, green peppers planted. I’ve got two container sweet basil planted. Harvested chives twice and shared with neighbor.  Eggs out the kazoo.  Sharing that too.  I love being outdoors even if I have to rest a lot and trigger pain episodes if I push it. Sat in the swing and crocheted awhile till the skeeters started biting.  Have fun crocheting all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2021 at 5:25 PM, NCcountrygal said:

Started another Seafarers Cap(hat). A few more rows on the Buffalo ghan. I think I made it too wide still haven’t got as much length as width   Been so nice outdoors. Enjoying the irises blooming. Two container planted with geraniums. Dh has done a lot of spring cleaning chores outdoors   Has the garden ready for planting. Tomatoes, green peppers planted. I’ve got two container sweet basil planted. Harvested chives twice and shared with neighbor.  Eggs out the kazoo.  Sharing that too.  I love being outdoors even if I have to rest a lot and trigger pain episodes if I push it. Sat in the swing and crocheted awhile till the skeeters started biting.  Have fun crocheting all. 

That sounds like a productive and relaxing day to me. I envy your garden. Wish I had the stamina to make and keep one up. I miss all the wonderful fresh vegetables, strawberries and grapes. This year is just my 3 roses and 5 flower pots. DD promised to help me keep them up. She's such a sweetie. I'm still plugging along on the afghan for my GD. It will be done in hopefully less than a week.  Have a wonderful Sunday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ReniC said:

That sounds like a productive and relaxing day to me. I envy your garden. Wish I had the stamina to make and keep one up. I miss all the wonderful fresh vegetables, strawberries and grapes. This year is just my 3 roses and 5 flower pots. DD promised to help me keep them up. She's such a sweetie. I'm still plugging along on the afghan for my GD. It will be done in hopefully less than a week.  Have a wonderful Sunday.

If it weren’t for dh I wouldn’t be able to have it. I mostly organize, plan, do a little raking...lots of rest breaks.  Container gardening would be the most I could do. Just about finished the cap just need to close off the top.  Much hotter today and less breezy.  Looking at starting Blooming Azalea doily in a little bit.  Have a nice Sunday.  

F68B9E3F-2256-4585-AED1-69E73CF9293A.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2021 at 10:55 AM, NCcountrygal said:

If it weren’t for dh I wouldn’t be able to have it. I mostly organize, plan, do a little raking...lots of rest breaks.  Container gardening would be the most I could do. Just about finished the cap just need to close off the top.  Much hotter today and less breezy.  Looking at starting Blooming Azalea doily in a little bit.  Have a nice Sunday.  

With me also. The garden was my DH's hobby and "think tank" as he called it. In fact, one of the inventions he made for Ford Motor Co was thought up while he was gardening! I so enjoyed helping him with the vegetables and flowers in the garden and especially the fresh air. The lawn was his baby. Now that he has passed, and I have health problems, a lawn and serious gardening is out of the question. I still enjoy looking at his gardening magazines once in awhile and hopefully, my DD and SIL reap rewards to share with me from their garden. 😉

Oh- And that doily is gorgeous!

Edited by ReniC
Link to post
Share on other sites

Started another doily design by Gemma in the magazine, Serendipity. Lots of texture, more difficult but so appealing. The display is gorgeous in a multicolored thread. Mine will be solid green. A gift for a niece.

My peony has even more blooms this year!  Have been waiting 2 weeks or more for the buds to start opening. Have a great week and weekend to all. 

147845A2-7362-4AEF-BD3C-518EE2A32267.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Diana: The peony is going to be outstanding when the blooms start opening! I love that vibrant color. My red roses went nuts for the first blossoming this year due to the rains we had. Love it! My Ocotillo in the front yard is full of red blossoms yet, the one in the backyard is just starting to bloom. Go figure.

I am on Rnd 2 of the afghan border, finally. I look forward to completing this project. I'm tired of it.

Edited by ReniC
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2021 at 1:43 PM, ReniC said:

Diana: The peony is going to be outstanding when the blooms start opening! I love that vibrant color. My red roses went nuts for the first blossoming this year due to the rains we had. Love it! My Ocotillo in the front yard is full of red blossoms yet, the one in the backyard is just starting to bloom. Go figure.

I am on Rnd 2 of the afghan border, finally. I look forward to completing this project. I'm tired of it.

Another shower and more blooms opened. Another shower and they were so heavy they were hanging just about to the ground. I snipped them and they are in a vase. 
I finished the doily I mentioned. Still need to block. Decided this one is for mom, too. One more doily in the magazine I want to make...sometime. Happy Mother’s Day. 

 

748BCDA8-2CB0-4EC1-87CC-08E3E6DC9CF0.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Another shower and more blooms opened. Another shower and they were so heavy they were hanging just about to the ground. I snipped them and they are in a vase. 
I finished the doily I mentioned. Still need to block. Decided this one is for mom, too. One more doily in the magazine I want to make...sometime. Happy Mother’s Day. 

OMGosh that doily is pretty! Your mom is going to be tickled to receive such pretty gifts.

No rain here- I wish. That awful fire is still burning up on the mountain in some places.

It's pretty quiet here. I'm down to the last round on the blanket border. I should have it completed this evening after weaving in ends, then washing and blocking. YAY!

Hope your Mother's Day is a lovely one. 😃

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2021 at 2:09 PM, ReniC said:

OMGosh that doily is pretty! Your mom is going to be tickled to receive such pretty gifts.

Thank you  She was.  

No rain here- I wish. That awful fire is still burning up on the mountain in some places.

We had another drenching around 3am  this morning and more to come later today  I’m happy it had gotten pretty dry  Are those mountains near you?  I hope not!

It's pretty quiet here. I'm down to the last round on the blanket border. I should have it completed this evening after weaving in ends, then washing and blocking. YAY!

I know you’ll be glad when it’s finished  I worked another row on mine,but I’m in no rush  

Hope your Mother's Day is a lovely one. 😃

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...