• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just about finished with my counter top mat for catching dribbles from the coffee pot. 

This should keep me busy for awhile. 😄

How did you make the red and black Buffalo check afghan?  Was it double strands or what colors were called for? Love everything you are making. I am making  c2c squares that have safari anim

Posted Images

I like all of your WIP's! I'd like to make one of the mats but, my GD is staying with me temporarily and she is not the neatest person. She'd probably have the mat soiled in no time! LOL

I'm still plugging along on the afghan for my other GD's birthday (tomorrow). She's aware that it's going to be late and doesn't mind. She picked out the color Real Teal and I picked out the pattern. It may be finished in a week to 10 days, then I'll ship it off to her. 

Edited by ReniC
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Nearly finished with another mat. The 🐝 is not as nice as I would have liked. 

I bet it looks better than you think. We are our own worst critics. Keep up the great work and photos. I love seeing what you make.

I'm searching for a cute little 1 inch bee pattern to sew onto a grocery bag holder I want to make for my DD. So far no luck.

11 hours ago, ReniC said:

I bet it looks better than you think. We are our own worst critics. Keep up the great work and photos. I love seeing what you make.

I'm searching for a cute little 1 inch bee pattern to sew onto a grocery bag holder I want to make for my DD. So far no luck.

I redid the bee wing embroidery, plus. I think I have a bumble bee in a book or pattern. If I come across a bee I’ll let u know. Maybe fridge pattern and then use lighter yarn to downsize it. 

12 hours ago, ReniC said:

In Bing search a bunch of bee Appliques came up. I switched to image view. free ones available at blogs. Search:

“crochet bumblebee applique pattern”

I saw 2 I liked both at Etsy.  CraftinghappinessUK  (Happy bee) more the size u want  

fancyinfancycrochet has a lot of CUTE Appliques including a bee.  Her website has other adorable crochet items you might enjoy looking at—>.  amvabecrochet.com

Well, looked at all the cute Appliques and then saw this cute bear-rag doll pattern and purchased it. Husband’s cousins daughter just had a baby girl. Now making a c2c blanket and will add a ( or more) appliques that I also bought from same Etsy store. Little Bamboo Handmade. And make her the 🐻.   It’ll be a great pattern for charity gifting, too. 

779DDB8C-0701-4FCE-B5D0-5CA91E231421.jpeg

• Like 2

How did you make the red and black Buffalo check afghan?  Was it double strands or what colors were called for?

Love everything you are making.

I am making  c2c squares that have safari animals in each.  This is one of them.

Tiger+c2c+graph+myhobbyiscrochet.png

• Like 3

Thank you. Love that tiger graph. 
First row is 10sts red, change color in 10 th. 10sts burgundy. 8 rows high. Then burgundy above red of previous rows, followed with black.  8 row height. Red/burgundy(mulberry) and burgundy/black. Repeat till length achieved. Using medium worsted yarn with sc/dc stitch for texture look. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Thank you. Love that tiger graph. 
First row is 10sts red, change color in 10 th. 10sts burgundy. 8 rows high. Then burgundy above red of previous rows, followed with black.  8 row height. Red/burgundy(mulberry) and burgundy/black. Repeat till length achieved. Using medium worsted yarn with sc/dc stitch for texture look. 

Thank you for the info.  That is what I thought, next time I will go it with that in mind.  I hope to get pictures of the ones I made for the babies soon.

• Like 1
On 2/4/2021 at 9:08 AM, NCcountrygal said:

In Bing search a bunch of bee Appliques came up. I switched to image view. free ones available at blogs. Search:

“crochet bumblebee applique pattern”

I saw 2 I liked both at Etsy.  CraftinghappinessUK  (Happy bee) more the size u want  

fancyinfancycrochet has a lot of CUTE Appliques including a bee.  Her website has other adorable crochet items you might enjoy looking at—>.  amvabecrochet.com

Thank you Diana! I'll look at them in a bit.

5 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

It’s a long term project. No rush. 

Wow! So pretty. I'm in love with plaids.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

You’re welcome. I enjoyed looking at the images, hopefully you’ll see the bee for your project. 🙂

I can't seem to find a bee motif that says "make me", so I'll probably go with this Bumble Bee (ami) in a heavier thread instead of cotton yarn.

They are really cute.  I am working on c2c squares of animals for an afghan.  This is one square.  These can also be done with sc, but will be smaller.

I finished my other 2.  Black and red and green and cream   2 baby blankets - Baby & Toddler Items - Crochetville

elephant c2c graph.jpg

Edited by Tampa Doll
  • Like 2
On 2/11/2021 at 10:35 AM, Tampa Doll said:

They are really cute.  I am working on c2c squares of animals for an afghan.  This is one square.  These can also be done with sc, but will be smaller.

I finished my other 2.  Black and red and green and cream   2 baby blankets - Baby & Toddler Items - Crochetville

elephant c2c graph.jpg

Thanks just one blankie 2 photos. Oh, you are hanging carrots in front of me. Lol. Love that graph too.  
Still slowly making bear doll.  Slow cause I have to keep opening phone 📱 Books to see pdf then enlarge, blah blah.  Tedious.  Got head made and snout, nose. Working on ears