2021 WIPs

Hey it's turning out very pretty. Seeing yours give me the info I needed to figure out the pointed area. Thanks. I'm thinking of using size 10 cotton. Mostly for the size. I'll need to rummage around my stash first and decide then what color to make. I'm looking forward to seeing yours completed. If  you don't mind, please let me know your length after you block. Enjoy! 

23 hours ago, ReniC said:

Hey it's turning out very pretty. Seeing yours give me the info I needed to figure out the pointed area. Thanks. I'm thinking of using size 10 cotton. Mostly for the size. I'll need to rummage around my stash first and decide then what color to make. I'm looking forward to seeing yours completed. If  you don't mind, please let me know your length after you block. Enjoy! 

I’m so tired.  Squash and zucchini harvest, soon green beans, cucumbers and corn....  Dh keeps bringing by the bag fulls. Sent him to a neighbor with 3 bags full of squash. 
I made it to next step. Edging.  It’s 19 inches long 14 inches at widest before edging.  I probably won’t be here for a little while.  Next zucchini bread. 

40 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

I’m so tired.  Squash and zucchini harvest, soon green beans, cucumbers and corn....  Dh keeps bringing by the bag fulls. Sent him to a neighbor with 3 bags full of squash. 
I made it to next step. Edging.  It’s 19 inches long 14 inches at widest before edging.  I probably won’t be here for a little while.  Next zucchini bread. 

It looks great! That's a nice size too. I didn't make it to go through the yarn bins last night for thread. My AC went out in the garage. Just way too hot here. BTW: I would love being close to your garden. I'd buy tons of veggies from you. It's even too hot to grow anything here. Have a lovely weekend. 

On 7/10/2021 at 4:36 PM, ReniC said:

It looks great! That's a nice size too. I didn't make it to go through the yarn bins last night for thread. My AC went out in the garage. Just way too hot here. BTW: I would love being close to your garden. I'd buy tons of veggies from you. It's even too hot to grow anything here. Have a lovely weekend. 

Thank you. Thinking it’ll be a gift for my son’s wife. I finished it this pm before dh brought more garden veggies in.   Just sprayed it for a light blocking.  So roughly 22 inches long and 15.5 inches wide.  (I would give you some veggies🙂)

E86DF3C9-88A6-443D-9763-4CE374D0913B.jpeg

Awe- you're a sweetie! I really do miss being able to grow our own veggies.

You are a crochet ninja and the doily is so pretty! I have the pattern marked for another time. I didn't crochet at all yesterday. My GD's dog woke me up too early so I was a tired grumpy bear all day. She learned how to open my bedroom door with her nose so she comes and goes as she pleases and checks on me. Stinker! I'm better rested today though.

8 hours ago, ReniC said:

Awe- you're a sweetie! I really do miss being able to grow our own veggies.

You are a crochet ninja and the doily is so pretty! I have the pattern marked for another time. I didn't crochet at all yesterday. My GD's dog woke me up too early so I was a tired grumpy bear all day. She learned how to open my bedroom door with her nose so she comes and goes as she pleases and checks on me. Stinker! I'm better rested today though.

Glad you were feeling more rested. Sounds like she’s a good watch dog.   Both grandsons will be here tomorrow. I’ll be exhausted by end of day.  Well third time was the charm.  I still have the perle 5 cotton cone that I used for my dresser doily.  I made another and tossed the other one.  Really enjoy making pineapple doily 7714.  Been working the coral ripple tonight. 

15 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Glad you were feeling more rested. Sounds like she’s a good watch dog.   Both grandsons will be here tomorrow. I’ll be exhausted by end of day.  Well third time was the charm.  I still have the perle 5 cotton cone that I used for my dresser doily.  I made another and tossed the other one.  Really enjoy making pineapple doily 7714.  Been working the coral ripple tonight. 

Now that I think of it, if I'm not mistaken, I made that doily #7714 many years ago for my mom with white and a blue border. If not, it had to look just like it. I wonder now if my sister kept it. Probably not.

GD and 4 grt-grands will be here tomorrow night for one night. Then 3 nights next week on their way back to Calif. I look forward to seeing them, but, the 3 youngest are a handful. Pray for me! :scared

On 7/14/2021 at 3:09 PM, ReniC said:

Now that I think of it, if I'm not mistaken, I made that doily #7714 many years ago for my mom with white and a blue border. If not, it had to look just like it. I wonder now if my sister kept it. Probably not.

GD and 4 grt-grands will be here tomorrow night for one night. Then 3 nights next week on their way back to Calif. I look forward to seeing them, but, the 3 youngest are a handful. Pray for me! :scared

Hope you’ve recuperated from the young ones. Lol.  Maybe, your sis kept it. It really is a lovely oblong doily.  Currently making another in an off white perle 5.   I have size 10 thread too but have to rummage to get to it.  Too humid for much physical activity.   I want to make one for moms birthday later in the year. She like the ones I gave her for Mother’s Day. 

40 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

Hope you’ve recuperated from the young ones. Lol.  Maybe, your sis kept it. It really is a lovely oblong doily.  Currently making another in an off white perle 5.   I have size 10 thread too but have to rummage to get to it.  Too humid for much physical activity.   I want to make one for moms birthday later in the year. She like the ones I gave her for Mother’s Day. 

It wasn't much of a visit with the grandkids but, they'll be back on Tuesday for 3+ days. I may have found a doily pattern for DD for Christmas. "Sweet Dreams" from A Year of Doilies. Looks easy enough anyway. I started a Large Granny blanket last night with Blue Ombre'. Today I'm going todig through my cupboards and drag out all my WIP's. Hopefully, there are not too many- LOL

16 hours ago, ReniC said:

It wasn't much of a visit with the grandkids but, they'll be back on Tuesday for 3+ days. I may have found a doily pattern for DD for Christmas. "Sweet Dreams" from A Year of Doilies. Looks easy enough anyway. I started a Large Granny blanket last night with Blue Ombre'. Today I'm going todig through my cupboards and drag out all my WIP's. Hopefully, there are not too many- LOL

Don’t overwhelm yourself.  Interesting doily.  Regarding wips I vaguely remember a project you mentioned in last few months that you had started , some time ago...was it a doily you wanted to finish?   Have fun and If it gets to be to many tame the pile of wips and put it away 😄

Edited by NCcountrygal
Add word

9 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Don’t overwhelm yourself.  Interesting doily.  Regarding wips I vaguely remember a project you mentioned in last few months that you had started , some time ago...was it a doily you wanted to finish?   Have fun and If it gets to be to many tame the pile of wips and put it away 😄

The project I mentioned some time back might have been the one below. It's from a old Magic Crochet magazine; pattern name- Starflower. I finished Rnd 23 and have 13 rnds to go. Huh- I'm not really sure why I chose lavender for the contrast color since I don't use that color anywhere in my house. Strange. I'll finish it though and figure out who to gift it to.

I checked my WIP's and it's not too bad. 1 table runner, 1 doily, 3 lapghans, 1 throw and tons of yarn to use up besides. LOL

Hope you have a great weekend.

Doily WIP.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ReniC said:

The project I mentioned some time back might have been the one below. It's from a old Magic Crochet magazine; pattern name- Starflower. I finished Rnd 23 and have 13 rnds to go. Huh- I'm not really sure why I chose lavender for the contrast color since I don't use that color anywhere in my house. Strange. I'll finish it though and figure out who to gift it to.

I checked my WIP's and it's not too bad. 1 table runner, 1 doily, 3 lapghans, 1 throw and tons of yarn to use up besides. LOL

Hope you have a great weekend.

Doily WIP.jpg

That would make a nice 🎁.  Your wips sound manageable as long as the desire to finish stays with you. Lol. Finishing up the last oblong and deciding whom to gift it to, a sil or her daughter or a neighbor...

Now have urge to play with sock yarn. Just basic socks nothing fancy. Out the kazoo with tomatoes and green beans next.  Blessed with an abundant crop for a small garden!  Nerve wracking when it all comes into the kitchen. Have a wonderful Sunday 

4 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Just window browsing and saw this cute pineapple hot pad. May wait on the socks and make that instead. 
Pineapple

I remember that pattern! So cute. Remember this one! And the Bottle Cap Grapes? So much fun!

Looking good! Also love those colors together for a plaid. Both my gift blankets are in GD's car on they're way to Calif as I write. I forgot to take a pic of the little doily I made for DD. I'll ask her to take one after she receives it. All quiet on the desert front now with everyone gone. LOL.

4 hours ago, ReniC said:

Looking good! Also love those colors together for a plaid. Both my gift blankets are in GD's car on they're way to Calif as I write. I forgot to take a pic of the little doily I made for DD. I'll ask her to take one after she receives it. All quiet on the desert front now with everyone gone. LOL.

Thank you. On the third side. It’ll make a nice warm blanket for me at my crochet station. 🙂

your company come and gone?   Hope y’all had a wonderful time together. 
Working on another wip from ? A year ago. Triangle granny shawl made with Bernat Sheep(ish) yarn. 

All gone and home safe. No crochet here last night or today. Migraine attack. Aggggghhhhh! 

On 7/24/2021 at 3:37 PM, ReniC said:

All gone and home safe. No crochet here last night or today. Migraine attack. Aggggghhhhh! 

Hope you are headache free today!

I’m playing with a pattern to resize after I’ve made it for a h4h doll.  Been awhile since I made it. 

16 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Hope you are headache free today!

I’m playing with a pattern to resize after I’ve made it for a h4h doll.  Been awhile since I made it. 

Hi Diana. Headache free. Got another attack yesterday but good to go today. Makes me wonder if this evil weather plays a part in it. You know barometric pressure and all that jargon. I know it effects my arthritis. Thank you for the well wishes.

I crocheted last night, finally. I'm working on a plain old Granny Square with a fancy border out of the Blue Ombre. This will be the 4th afghan I've started and frogged with this yarn. I have high hopes for this one.

5 hours ago, ReniC said:

Hi Diana. Headache free. Got another attack yesterday but good to go today. Makes me wonder if this evil weather plays a part in it. You know barometric pressure and all that jargon. I know it effects my arthritis. Thank you for the well wishes.

I crocheted last night, finally. I'm working on a plain old Granny Square with a fancy border out of the Blue Ombre. This will be the 4th afghan I've started and frogged with this yarn. I have high hopes for this one.

Glad your better today. I sometimes get eye migraines (weird light show squiggly light) not always followed by a busting headache.  Have never figured out what triggers it. 
Maybe, this one is the charm.  I did the same with the coral ombré.  Thinking I might skip making another blanket with the green and use that yarn on a side by side cardigan pattern I have.