Question

14 answers to this question

Somewhere in the pattern notes it should have explained what dcg means.

Here is a list of common abbreviations.  I dont see that one listed and at the moment cant think of what it might be without more information (name of pattern, link to pattern, photo, etc)  Its even possible that its a misprint or error.  

https://www.craftyarncouncil.com/standards/crochet-abbreviations

The only thing that I can think of that this might be a typo for is a 'dc x together' decrease, example "dc2tog', but it doesn't help you figure out how many stitches to turn into 1 stitch.  And the evidence is flimsy, I'm only going by the "g" clue.

In this pattern dcG is on one line next line says hookBaby Sport.  Looks like a formatting issue.The spacing and punctuation is not correct.  There should have been a comma after dc and a space as that would be the last dc in the instructions for making a v stitch.  Then should have been G hook, Baby Sport meaning use Baby Sport yarn and a G crochet hook.  

http://sistersmilesapartcloseatheart.blogspot.com/2010/06/shell-sweater-2_19.html?epik=dj0yJnU9UHVjMV95Q3dldHdhd2VEanNIbUJLRlhEdnRXbVFNY04mcD0wJm49NEZMUDF6dWgtQk56aDdvc2lIRG9qZyZ0PUFBQUFBR0FQTFZV&m=1

Edited by bgs
3 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

Thanks for the pattern info, here is the Ravelry link - free pattern, I'll have a look and report back if I can figure anything out (or not).

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tumbling-blocks-12

Just getting ready to add that link Granny Square!

I downloaded it from this site and looked thru it.  I did not find dcg in this copy of the pattern.

Mary 1973 designer said original pattern was in Spanish.so wondering if you have a copy that was run thru a translator.  Translators do not work very well for crochet patterns.  

I just did a search and neither "dcg" or "dc g" appear - what page is it on, or instruction number?  Did I link to the right pattern (it's same name & designer name)

edit- oops, Hi Bgs. OK it wasn't just me.  OCR software is a good messer-upper of text too, where a printed page is scanned an an 8 turns into a B for example.

Edited by Granny Square

Since the designer said the following maybe she has corrected it since you printed a copy.

"This is my first written pattern, so bear with the typos, errors, and weird instructions"