Karen Day

Karen Day

Question

This is what I am stuck on TEP № 5. HEAD

We knit with green yarn. The head is knitted in a spiral without a seam.

1 row: 6 sc in amigurumi ring

2 row: 6 increases (12)

3 row: (sc, increase) - 6 times (18)

4 row: (2 sc, increase) - 6 times (24)

5 row: (3 sc, increase) - 6 times (30)

6 row: (4 sc, increase) - 6 times (36)

7 row: (5 sc, increase) - 6 times (42)

8-16 row: 42 sc,

17 row: 16 sc, 15 c. p., skip 10 psc in the 11th loop, 15 sc (47)

18 row: 47 sc

19 row: 4 increases, 4 decreases, 4 increases, 8 decreases, 4 increases, 4 decreases, 3 increases (46)

20 row: 46 sbn

21 row: 4 increases, 4 decreases, 4 increases, 15 sb, 4 increases, 4 decreases, 3 increases (53)

22 row: 53 sb

23 row: 1 sbn, 4 increases, 4 decreases, 5 increases, 19 sbn, 5 increases, 4 decreases, 3 increases, 1 sbn shift the marker to 1 loop

24 row: 62 sbn

25 row: (2 sbn, increase) - 6 times, 26 sc, (2 sc, increase) - 6 times (74)

26 row: 74 sc

27 row: (2 sc, raise) - 4 times, 20 sc, (decrease, 3 sc) - 4 times, 15 sc , (increase, 2 sc) - 4 times (78)

28 - 42 row: 78 sc.At

this stage, you need to tie the dragon's mouth, take pink (or red) yarn and start knitting along the edge of the nose 10 sc, then according to the scheme.

4 answers to this question

I am confused as to what specifically you are asking for help with and is this another part of the pattern you requested help for in another thread?  It usually makes it easier to follow whats going on and to help if people stay in the same thread for a particular project.  I am just not sure what you are asking here.

My guess if its the same project we are looking at a rough translation and that row 1 is telling you to make 6 sc into a magic ring.

https://www.planetjune.com/blog/tutorials/magic-ring-right-handed/

That must be the way the designer decided to do it to get the shape she wanted. If you liked her design then best to follow her instructions.   I have found it best to not overthink directions in patterns.  Just do them one step at a time.  Most of the time they work out.  If not I pull it out and try to figure another way.  

There are a lot more things to worry about, there are a more of terms in there that don't translate to English or are English words but don't know what they mean (loop?  stitch maybe, or maybe not) and I can't even guess at, starting at row 17, psc, sb, sbn...

My advice is find another dragon pattern written in English - truly not meaning to be rude, just practical.  Edit, I just went back to your original post - we are probably of a similar age, I've been crocheting for a little over 50 years.  I, at least, would not have the patience, to muddle thru the translated words of this pattern unless I thought I could recreate the unintelligible parts by looking at the pattern photo.  And if it were something not as (presumably) complicated as your dragon....

Edited by Granny Square