FPDC and BPDC
along whole row, last stitch in row
should be DC
Row 4 :
repeat Row 2
Row 5: turn, alternate DC x4 and DC increase 
Row 6: alternate DC x 4 and
DC increase

I have already done row 1-4 but I don't know how to do row 5 and 6. Can someone help?

Edited by Viki

2 answers to this question

Can you post a link to the pattern, is it a free one?  That little snippet you gave isn't clear ( a lot of self-published patterns on the internet aren't conventionally written).  Does it define a special stitch as an "alternate DC?"

The only other thing that makes sense is '(do something, like increase or decrease) every other DC, a  total of 4 times'.  Doses something like that make sense with whatever came before the word 'alternate'?

Ah you edited your post, I think I got interrupted when typing my response an came back quite a bit later and didn't see that.

The pattern writer was not indicating repeats in a conventional way.

The word "alternate" occurs in 2 situations - first, meaning to alternate 2 different stitches across, and should have been  written *1 FPDC, 1 BPDC; repeat from *. 

Second, "alternate DC x 4 and DC increase" should have been written *4 DC, increase, repeat from *.

Notice the above was rewriting just the portion of a row where the word 'alternate' appeared, not the the whole row.

Edited by Granny Square