Help with Cluster and Treble Round stitches

Tammy Leggetter

Question

I am struggling to see how I reply to specific individuals who have kindly answered my plea for help and have opened a new question.

I wanted specifically Thank Granny Square for taking the time to respond to all my queries and answer her question below.

I have tried to make a tension swatch several times and I did take note of BGs comment for my first swatch when she said she could not see in my first row the cl all round  stem of next tr.

I am struggling with the instructions for the ‘Cluster’ and ‘Treble Round’.  I’ve attached a copy of the instructions for working these stitches.  

None of my tension swatches look like the pattern of the photo of the finished garment.  The most recent attached looks awful!

Perhaps I need to find someone online who would be prepared to give me some lessons!

81A59F4F-E6F2-4C96-949A-5DCFCB83C7D5.jpeg

1984FF16-E64F-461C-843E-72C88D6B9601.jpeg

1D1BFD3B-31BA-4BB3-BF92-D2AA5DAE08E4.jpeg

5 answers to this question

Best way is to continue discussion in your original post.  Its hard when multiple posts are started on same issue/project to keep track of information given in each one.  When I get a chance I am going to pull out my hook and yarn look at instructions in this post for making stitches.  Then I am going to have have to go back and try to find your post with the instructions for the pattern and see if I can figure it out.  I am not home right now and it might take awhile.  

I made a remark earlier today in your other post about Clusters and post stitches.  I agree with Bgs that keeping the discussion to one thread makes more sense.

I just realized in the other post I was focused on describing clusters, and I mentioned front post stitches, which is a term that your pattern doesn't name, but uses (yo, insert the hook, from front right side of a stitch to the back, around the back, and out to the front again on the left side of the stitch)--this pulls the stitch, or cluster of stitches, toward the front.  Now reading further here on the 'treble round' (which I didn't look at before), it is describing, but not naming, 'back post stitches' - yo, insert hook from the back right side of a stitch, across the stitch's front, to the back again - this row is worked on the 'non public side' of the blouse, and end up looking like front post stitches from the front, so the raised pattern is all on the public side.

This was challenging as I worked using my phone and had to go search for the other posts with pattern parts and jump between them.  Also pattern sounds like its UK terms so converting to US in my head as I go.  I know I have messed up a bit especially at the ends because I just made a chain and didnt try to guess how many I needed for a shorter version.   The yarn of course is much thicker than what is used in the pattern.  I had been thinking it might make a pretty shawl but not loving how it wants to lay 20210121_084559.thumb.jpg.76a9102a556ec2d60d06bead30baa2fe.jpg