Sign in to follow this  
jstaff

Row help

Question

Row: Ch 3 (counts as a dc), turn, skip first dc, dc in next 5 dc *ch 2, skip next ch-2 sp, dc in next 6 dc, ch 3, (skip next 2 dc, tr in next dc) twice, ch 3, skip next 2 dc, dc in next dc; rep from * to last ch-2 sp, ch 2, skip last ch-2 sp, dc in next 5 dc, dc in top of beg ch 3

--- Does the bold directions mean i only repeat what's in the parentheses? For the second time, would i chain 3 or just skip the 2 dc and tr in the next? And if I don't chain 3 for the second time wouldn't I be dropping stitches? 

2 answers to this question

When you come to the parentheses, do JUST what's IN the parentheses twice. The chain 3 is outside the parentheses so don't repeat that.

Or written without the shorthand the parentheses give you, here is the long version:

Row: Ch 3 (counts as a dc), turn, skip first dc, dc in next 5 dc *ch 2, skip next ch-2 sp, dc in next 6 dc, ch 3, skip next 2 dc, tr in next dc,  skip next 2 dc, tr in next dc, ch 3, skip next 2 dc, dc in next dc; rep from * to last ch-2 sp, ch 2, skip last ch-2 sp, dc in next 5 dc, dc in top of beg ch 3

1 hour ago, Granny Square said:

When you come to the parentheses, do JUST what's IN the parentheses twice. The chain 3 is outside the parentheses so don't repeat that.

Or written without the shorthand the parentheses give you, here is the long version:

Row: Ch 3 (counts as a dc), turn, skip first dc, dc in next 5 dc *ch 2, skip next ch-2 sp, dc in next 6 dc, ch 3, skip next 2 dc, tr in next dc,  skip next 2 dc, tr in next dc, ch 3, skip next 2 dc, dc in next dc; rep from * to last ch-2 sp, ch 2, skip last ch-2 sp, dc in next 5 dc, dc in top of beg ch 3

Makes sense now! 

Thank you!!!