Trying to find a color, please help!

Redhook4

Hi everyone!! 

I am hoping you can help me.. I am looking for a cotton yarn for an amigurumi cat I’m making, I need it to be as close to an orange tabby cat color as possible - does anyone have any suggestions for color and where I can find it? Thank you!!! 

I used to have a cat that was half Tabby and half Maine Coon. I would say his orange was more on the pumpkin side of the color range. Peaches & Creme cotton used to have a pumpkin that would match, but, I don't think they make it anymore. You might check with Yarnspirations.com.

• Thanks 1

You could try paprika with Herrschner's  Craft yarn or try the Lion Brand cotton for a color you might like.  Peaches and Cream and Sugar and cream seem to only have Hot orange.  We lost so many nice colors when P&C was sold.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Re: the red white and blue mile-a-minute strips...I have no idea of what yarn it is, but is this by chance a project that might have been paused around 30-40 years ago by you or a relative?  Those shades scream "1980s home decor" to me, more than it does baby blanket colors.

In any event, yarn color offerings come and go; if you are unsuccessful finding it, and want to finish this project, you might try to find a white that matches (will not be easy) and alternate solid white strips and colored strips.  Or are the 6 or 7 strips I see enough for a useable baby blanket or throw, maybe with a joining method that is somewhat wide, in white?