Gift-making in 2021...TOPIC CLOSED TO COMMENTS

judianne

7 hours ago, segi1974 said:

They are beautiful.  Do you have a pattern for these?  Since the hospital doesn't take the baby blankets at this time I was going to make the baby blankets for a place called the Baby Bureau that makes bundles for babies in need.  That would go great with the blanket.

Thank you for the nice comments. You can find the pattern links here in this post. They are all free and use a few different variations but are generally the same base pattern.

Hi peeps!

On 1/16/2021 at 2:22 PM, RecycleCindy said:

Good morning everyone and loved seeing all the wonderful gifts posted already for this year. I will be working on hats and mini stockings again this year for Warmth for Warriors. I did start out the year and crocheted some baby hats for my local hospital nursery. Here are a few pics of them.

619698595_PinkScallopedHats2021.thumb.JPG.7230f2a43cc21dfda05d5d3465aed56e.JPG1150867364_BabyHat1-2021.thumb.JPG.1422b086cfa243f834ac636c32303e10.JPG

Beautiful colors...love the different patterns, too

15 hours ago, RecycleCindy said:

Thank you for the nice comments. You can find the pattern links here in this post. They are all free and use a few different variations but are generally the same base pattern.

Thank you! I can use some new hat patterns!

And I'll be shopping at Hobby Lobby on Monday ti get the yarn for Winnie the Poo blanket. 

Maple Syrup

This is the last food item going out in the Valentine Box.  I have finishing details to do on the 3 Valentine themed items and I'm hoping to box it today so it can be mailed tomorrow.  Still not sure that is enough mailing time but I can only crochet so fast.

• Like 1

Ok I had waffles for breakfast and could of used the maple syrup.  That is so cool.

Finished the afghan and it is posted on Show and tell.  Fall Afghan for Niece.  I will be sending it out hopefully next week. 

I am now starting a dress for a 18" doll for Bailey4.

Still cold here, but promising to warm up and be about 75 by Saturday (still cold).

• Like 1

Yay- It's raining softly here right now~ Do you know how great that is? I'm so excited. No crocheting last night. I was just not into it. Maybe later today. I've sort of just bummed around so far today. Guess I better get something done so I don't get "the look" from the daughter when she comes by. LOL

Enjoy the day my friends.

• Like 1

Holli the Heart

Valentine's box getting mailed this afternoon which is a good thing because this one almost didn't make it into the box.  I am going to have to make myself one at some point.  Going to make the 8" Valentine doll possibly dolls I promised myself and maybe a hot pad for the season then on to the St. Patrick's Day box and more doll clothes.

• Like 1

Hi ladies....

MJ...you DON'T want to know how cold the Real Feel temp is right now. Let's just say that I love it...lol.

22 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

Holli the Heart

Valentine's box getting mailed this afternoon which is a good thing because this one almost didn't make it into the box.  I am going to have to make myself one at some point.  Going to make the 8" Valentine doll possibly dolls I promised myself and maybe a hot pad for the season then on to the St. Patrick's Day box and more doll clothes.

That is soooo cute! And I love the syrup bottle!  Sometimes I wish I was patient enough to work on so many smaller projects...I occasionally get in the mood for something like that, for example I made a Russian doll for myself, but that was at least a couple of years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Judianne, I have a coat in my closet that has been there for 30 years.  Everytime I feel cold, I look at that and remember HOW cold it would get in Jersey.

I am working on a doll dress (in thread) for my dolls to go up to Bailey4.  It is taking a little longer than I thought.  I will also be making 3 baby blankets for a friend.  One is green and cream, one is lumberjack red and black and one is safari animals.  This should be fun.

• Like 2

I've been complaining constantly about shipping issues so it is time to share good news.  Mailed Valentine package Wed was scheduled for Monday delivery.  Got notification out for delivery today!!!  This time it went through NH instead of CT or Springfield MA.  New path better outcome!!

Also, Treasured Heirlooms, an out of print pattern site has found a new server and is back online. I discovered this yesterday and much to my delight I was able to pick up a companion leaflet, Dress Up Baby Dolls, to the House of White Birches Holiday Dolls pattern that I've been using with the 8" dolls.  This one has more day to day clothing that I can use for the donation dolls.

I for one am glad to hear and share the positive stuff on occasion.

• Like 2

Bailey4, the Valentine toys are great!

But your egg with another one inside is still my favourite!🥚🍳 I guess I could use that idea for Easter gift, maybe as a keychain?...  🐣

Hi peeps!

Bailey, yes, it is great to have some good news to share! 

On 1/21/2021 at 11:38 AM, Bailey4 said:

Valentine Bears

This was the last item that went in yesterday's box.  Now I'm working on items for the baby doll diaper bags and my Valentine decorations.  I'm determined to have some new ones for this year.

They are ADORABLE!

On 1/21/2021 at 11:49 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Judianne, I have a coat in my closet that has been there for 30 years.  Everytime I feel cold, I look at that and remember HOW cold it would get in Jersey. You're funny...🤣

I am working on a doll dress (in thread) for my dolls to go up to Bailey4.  It is taking a little longer than I thought.  I will also be making 3 baby blankets for a friend.  One is green and cream, one is lumberjack red and black and one is safari animals.  This should be fun. I love making baby blankets...can't wait to see them!

7 hours ago, Apak said:

Shawl number 2 for niece number 2 is ready :hook

For me it looks like a watermelon 🍉

20210123_101122.thumb.jpg.e54937f722b79f5283fb2487544dbdcd.jpg

20210123_101107.thumb.jpg.c53b84932776abbbaa9541d3ad0a55fd.jpg

It is beautiful...and you're right...it does remind me of a watermelon!

7 hours ago, Apak said:

That is just beautiful.  I love how the colors merge and the pattern is beautiful.

On 1/21/2021 at 8:38 AM, Bailey4 said:

Valentine Bears

This was the last item that went in yesterday's box.  Now I'm working on items for the baby doll diaper bags and my Valentine decorations.  I'm determined to have some new ones for this year.

Very cute Valentine bears in their heart holders!

13 hours ago, Apak said:

This is so pretty.  It makes me think of summer and warm days not like the freezing weather we are currently having.  The texture is so amazing.  The colors do blend so well through the changes.

Apak and RecycleCindy- Your shawl and hats look wonderful. We have such giving and kind people on this forum.

I finally got my yarn on Friday. I was one happy camper. I've read about and heard so many horror stories with mailing packages, not to mention the costs. Mine arrived with the box half open but all skeins were intact. I started the afghan for my GD right away and finished Row 11 last night. It won't be ready in time for the GD's birthday, but, I know she'll understand. Also, each skein has the center pull-out strand sticking out of each one, ready to start using. No digging and hunting to pull it out only to make yarn barf! LOL. My photo color is off a bit. It's the RHSS Real Teal, so, it's not really that blue. I decided on the "Autumn Orange" pattern in "Aran Afghans to Crochet" by Bonnie Barker. I've wanted to make a few of these patterns for some time and remembered the other day I have this booklet.

It's still raining here off and on which will help this dried out high desert so much. I'm enjoying it anyway. Especially knowing there is snow in our high country too. I just don't like the cold.

I hope everyone is doing okay and getting lots of projects done. Make it a good day!

Love the bear Chris  and the hat Cindy.

Well today is a good day.  My Team won (Buccaneers) and they will be playing in the SuperBowl in February.  The first team to play in the SB at home.  Yep it is in Tampa this year.  The guy across the street had his big screen out in the driveway yesterday to watch the game and it sounds like he had a party going on.  

Off to the foot Dr. this morning to get the nails cut.  

Reni, sounds great that you got your yarn.  Maybe now that Christmas is over the shipping will not go into the black hole.  I got a package from Poland in about a week or a little longer.

Have a fun day everyone.  I am off.

• judianne changed the title to Gift-making in 2021...TOPIC CLOSED TO COMMENTS