Gift-making in 2021...TOPIC CLOSED TO COMMENTS

judianne

Working on Xmas projects.. Current goal to use yarn from home only no yarn shopping.... Now my budget for added accessories for example chapstick--hard plastic silverware is under $40...

Step 1-see what things I had first that I previously had made that is stored in like the 60 boxes in my house that I could use / giveaway for Christmas gifts...

Step 2 ---Started working on

*Scrubbies & a few washcloths

*Utensil pouches

* Hand sanitizer holders

* Chapstick holderholders

Humane society

** Blankets for their cages

22 hours ago, Jayashiangel said:

Working on Xmas projects.. Current goal to use yarn from home only no yarn shopping.... Now my budget for added accessories for example chapstick--hard plastic silverware is under $40...

Step 1-see what things I had first that I previously had made that is stored in like the 60 boxes in my house that I could use / giveaway for Christmas gifts...

Step 2 ---Started working on

*Scrubbies & a few washcloths

*Utensil pouches

* Hand sanitizer holders

* Chapstick holderholders

Humane society

** Blankets for their cages

Good luck with your projects..

And it's a great idea to use up yarn...I'm doing the same, except for when I need white yarn for christening blankets. I have quite a bit to use up.

Cindy, those are really nice projects.

I've always wanted to make a rectangular granny...do you remember where you found the directions? 

Tomorrow's the big day!!!

With everyone's help we have 16 boxes of dolls, clothes, and accessories headed out to the high school tomorrow morning.

I'll get a picture of the boxes so you can all see them but I notified the school because this is the first year we won't have room for a hand truck in the car to move the boxes into the school.  That's how much stuff we have.

:ty

• Like 1

18 hours ago, judianne said:

I've always wanted to make a rectangular granny...do you remember where you found the directions? 

Judy- In case Cindy doesn't see your question, here's a link to just one of many Rectangle Granny's on the web.

I've made a couple but they are both from an out of Print Annie's pattern.  I LOVE them.  They are warm, comfy and I love the look of the large rectangle Granny and not having to sew the Grannies together.  It's my DH's go to afghan.

Granny Square Afghan, by Julene Watson, Annie's Crochet Quilt & Afghan Club, 1996.

• Like 1

344894331_AztecWishes2021.jpg.a6b6e68a43e057576dc0619c28c56b0c.jpg

Dropped off the 16 boxes this morning and it is always such an amazing experience with the high school kids.

The dolls were a big hit with the girls and the Lovey blankets were a surprising hit with one of the boys as it seems to be a family favorite with his little sister.

They were taking pictures while we were there and I understand more were going to be taken.  She promised to send me pics and I of course will share with all of you when I get them.

There is a huge need this year and all of you involved did an amazing job helping to meet it.  The 2021 Doll Donation Project is officially ended and we begin again for 2022.  Thanks to all of you.

• Like 3

On 12/2/2021 at 1:24 PM, ReniC said:

Judy- In case Cindy doesn't see your question, here's a link to just one of many Rectangle Granny's on the web.

Thanks so much...I am getting tired of joining grannies together...lol!

9 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

344894331_AztecWishes2021.jpg.a6b6e68a43e057576dc0619c28c56b0c.jpg

Dropped off the 16 boxes this morning and it is always such an amazing experience with the high school kids.

The dolls were a big hit with the girls and the Lovey blankets were a surprising hit with one of the boys as it seems to be a family favorite with his little sister.

They were taking pictures while we were there and I understand more were going to be taken.  She promised to send me pics and I of course will share with all of you when I get them.

There is a huge need this year and all of you involved did an amazing job helping to meet it.  The 2021 Doll Donation Project is officially ended and we begin again for 2022.  Thanks to all of you.

Wow!!!

You saw the boxes today I have a post up on all the actual donations for the year.  If I missed anyone's pictures my most humble apologies.  I actually preposted this and tried to update it as donations came in or I finished projects.  It was an amazing way to see what had been completed.

Doll Donation 2021

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 3:37 PM, judianne said:

Sorry for the delayed reply. This was crocheted using this free pattern.

Thank you and the other ladies for your nice comments on my blanket too.

• Like 1

I'm currently making a Mandalorian amigurumi for my nephew Sam, a Captain America amigurumi for my nephew Nico, a Bernie Sanders amigurumi for my sister-in-law, and Baby Yoda amigurumi for my brother. Here are photos of the finished products, if you want the pattern links I can provide them too.

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 12.45.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 12.46.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 12.47.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 12.48.48 PM.png

• judianne changed the title to Gift-making in 2021...TOPIC CLOSED TO COMMENTS