Gift-making in 2021...TOPIC CLOSED TO COMMENTS

judianne

On 10/10/2021 at 4:16 AM, NicolaJayne said:

I’ve not picked up a hook in months and now I have some time Off work, I’ve decided to use up all my scrap yarn balls and create a rectangle granny blanket, to gift to a Co worker who has been through a lot but also helped me overcome some rubbish at work 

Welcome! I also save my small balls of yarn to make a randomly colored blanket. I know that it will be greatly appreciated!

I feel like I should be dancing a jig in celebration because the last doll carrier is done for the donation!!!!  I love donating them because I think they are a great accessory the kids can carry the doll and its a great way to store it when the doll isn't being played with but hard on the hands.

16 Inch Doll Pink Doll Carrier

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

I feel like I should be dancing a jig in celebration because the last doll carrier is done for the donation!!!!  I love donating them because I think they are a great accessory the kids can carry the doll and its a great way to store it when the doll isn't being played with but hard on the hands.

Dance away and kuddos to you!  I can work with two strands but have never mastered 3.  I tried the bird nests a few times and failed miserably at getting all three strands picked up and pulled thru.

On 10/15/2021 at 12:01 PM, Bailey4 said:

Oh, wow! What a great accomplishment! I can't even imagine my hands holding holding upon enough to make one carrier!

And of course I ADORE the dresses!!

Most of our small christening blanket group were able to meet at the church yesterday...fist time in probably a year! The lady who started the group is so encouraging..and she also passed along a skien of Caron Pounder white yarn as further encouragement...LOL!

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 3:49 PM, Bailey4 said:

16 Inch Baby Doll Dress, Hat and Shoes

This reverses the colors I used last week and I finally killed a skein of the green!!!

Heard from the woman that runs Aztec Wishes at the local tech high school and they've gotten the approval to go ahead this year with drop off dates to be determined!!!

She looks like a strawberry :) sooo cute!

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 9:50 AM, Bailey4 said:

This met 2 of my crochet goals working through patterns I've acquired and never made and using up stash yarn!!!

My Life Cobblestones Sweater Dress

That's really adorable!

3 hours ago, Apak said:

The triceratops for my niece, who loves dinosaurs. Gift for her birthday :)

The pattern is free

https://www.thenicolechase.com/patterns/tanner-the-triceratops

Super cute!

Our son loved dinosaurs when he was a little boy...he would have loved something like this.  Saving  the pattern. Just in case ....

3 hours ago, Apak said:

20210918_142715.jpg

20210918_142702.jpg

Most of our small christening blanket group were able to meet at the church a couple of days ago...fist time in probably a year! The lady who started the group is so encouraging..and she also passed along a skien of Caron Pounder white yarn as further encouragement...LOL!

• Like 3

On 10/23/2021 at 6:44 PM, minwifeof4boys said:

Went to visit my 3yo granddaughter today... I had given her a 5 inch doll with three outfits... found then in a ziploc in the bottom of the toy box.... they are off the crochet worthy list!

3 year olds can be unpredictable...it's a shame.

Bailey, your outfits are soooo cute! The last doll with the dark hair reminded me of a doll I has when I was little...my youngest brother pulled out the hair! As you can tell, so many years later and I still can't forget. 

• Like 2

As crazy as it sounds I'm already starting to put away dolls and accessories away for 2022 donation as the stuff appears on sale. Managed to pick up 2 for donation.

Walmart My Life 18" dolls on sale online $15 tonight in store tomorrow morning.

Edited by Bailey4
  • Like 1

• judianne changed the title to Gift-making in 2021...TOPIC CLOSED TO COMMENTS