Gift-making in 2021...TOPIC CLOSED TO COMMENTS

judianne

One of the things I'd kind of put out of my mind since COVID were the increasing bag restrictions at venues.  For years I'd used a backpack with bottle holders on the side to carry water.  However, without a backpack I didn't have a great alternative on our first recent outdoor trip and it was hot.  So I went home and started on bottle holders.  First one done.

Crochet Bottle holder

• Like 1

17 hours ago, judianne said:

36 by 39, crab stitch edging. Gray is the neutral...not showing up true.

Nursery colors. Not my pick...

20210721_155326.jpg

20210721_133423.jpg

Looks great.  I always find it "interesting" to work around people's color picks when they don't match my favorites.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bailey4 said:

Still working on the Beatrix Potter theme for the Oct birthday

Jeremy Fisher

I LOVE Beatrix Potter! Her illustrations to this day steals my heart. And I love your frogs. My oldest DD was obsessed with anything from her stories when she was little. She still has all her ceramic characters I gifted her as she grew up. Thanks for sharing that.

I know it is not crochet. But, I thought I should share that with you.

Here is my idea what to do with ALL those hospital socks......??? and all those single one that do not have a pair any longer ..LOL. . In the past couple years my daughter manage to accumulate few pairs of those hospital socks and she did not knew what to do with that??. She was ready to trow them out. 

I got a idea to make toys out of that for her 4 pets (2 dogs & 2 cats). On that picture not only hospital socks. I used 1 tube sock & 1 small fuzzy sock. Those two red color socks were from hospital. I turned them inside out to hide those "robber dots". I could made that nicer looking by embroider faces on them but I did not had a time to do that.

I will make more of them when I find a free time.

Here is a picture of those 4 I made. Her animals are very happy with their new toys. One of her dogs is a Pug, he wants to keep ALL of them for him self!.

Have a Great Day Everyone :)

Krys

thumbnail CAT DOG SOCKS TOYS kick stics hospital socks 1.jpg

Edited by USpolishgirl
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Krys, awesome idea!

Thank You Lea :)

About 2 hours ago I posted that picture on Facebook. Many people love that idea. Some even suggesting that would be great for little kids gifts to hospitals. Some others  for kids overseas in Christmas packages and on..

As for me I was thinking that many people could make many animals very happy in Animals Shelters. I do think almost anyone got some single socks in their home LOL.  It is so quick & easy to make and dos not cost anything with exception  of some "stuffing".

Krys.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 6:02 PM, USpolishgirl said:

I know it is not crochet. But, I thought I should share that with you.

Here is my idea what to do with ALL those hospital socks......??? and all those single one that do not have a pair any longer ..LOL. . In the past couple years my daughter manage to accumulate few pairs of those hospital socks and she did not knew what to do with that??. She was ready to trow them out. 

I got a idea to make toys out of that for her 4 pets (2 dogs & 2 cats). On that picture not only hospital socks. I used 1 tube sock & 1 small fuzzy sock. Those two red color socks were from hospital. I turned them inside out to hide those "robber dots". I could made that nicer looking by embroider faces on them but I did not had a time to do that.

I will make more of them when I find a free time.

Here is a picture of those 4 I made. Her animals are very happy with their new toys. One of her dogs is a Pug, he wants to keep ALL of them for him self!.

Have a Great Day Everyone :)

Krys

thumbnail CAT DOG SOCKS TOYS kick stics hospital socks 1.jpg

They are adorable!

And as far as not being crochet, when it comes to gift ideas posted in this thread,  anything goes!

Thanks so much for the idea!

Edited by judianne
  • Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 12:57 PM, ReniC said:

Krys- That is such a good idea. They're very cute. You can use them for Sock Gnomes also.

Hello Reni & Thank You :)

I think Gnomes would be great made with socks... For the past few years I have seen many  very beautiful Snowman made with socks on Facebook. Some of them I really liked. There was one part that I was not crazy about, it was: They were stuffed with RICE! LOL. That is probably not a very good idea if someone would like to store them for next year. Mouse would get to that very easy. BUT, those Snowman could be stuffed with "stuffing", some weight should be attached at the bottom so that Snowman would stand straight up! Not rolling around or tipping to sides LOL.

Those cute Snowman are usually made with those cute fuzzy socks in nice Holiday colors & designs. For the body I think white Tube sock is needed. 

I might try that this season. They are very fast to make a lot faster than crocheting them.  I will need to look in stores or on line for the cute fuzzy socks... :)

Reni I hope you are doing well :)

Krys 

• Like 1

Just one family.  One box per holiday and one birthday box for each of the 2 kids.  I did this for another family member for a bit but eventually the kids outgrew the crochet toys and holiday items so I stopped making them.  The one holiday I never get to is July 4th because it falls too close to one of the kids' bdays and my own.

I always get nice thank you notes from the family so I know the items are welcomed.

• Like 2

• judianne changed the title to Gift-making in 2021...TOPIC CLOSED TO COMMENTS