Boxing Day 2021 (any charity work!)

babypoohsmom

I got a few more cat mats made. I am still using up my gifted Homespun. I swear it is multiplying! The blue one kind of looks like it should be for a cat fan of the Dallas Cowboys or the Detroit Lions.  My husband liked it and he rarely even notices what I’m making. I have a scrappy one too but I can’t find it since I washed it. 
B6439118-CF10-430F-989E-2109BD273A15.thumb.jpeg.2f38a3e2d5f6130a664ede4491d0e028.jpeg

Here it is!! You can tell that I started with the blue, white and grey of the other one.  Can’t decide if I like matchy or scrappy better. But I still love the homespun as the base. So much softer than 3 strands of regular acrylic.

CB3C1F75-C87B-4077-851C-E590B2F0B936.jpeg

Yarn has a funny way of reproducing in the night.  I swear I've finished off yarn only to find more skeins that shouldn't be there.

The colors are bright and cheery.  Should brighten the days of the people working with the shelter cats too.

6 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

Yarn has a funny way of reproducing in the night.  I swear I've finished off yarn only to find more skeins that shouldn't be there

And its the yarn that I really wanted to be rid of and never replace.  

Well of course.  I never find the core yarns I use reproducing.  Its always the stuff I'm trying to kill off. If anything those seem to wonder off because I'm always sure I have another skein in that color but when I look.....  :rofl

Edited by Bailey4

After my dad had a kidney removed last year, we talked him into getting frozen meals and the boxes were insulated with these panels of shredded fabric. Unable to waste…I made these little beds for feral cats using pillow cases. 

A3F4C007-089A-49A4-A5A4-71705B2C61F4.jpeg

030B91C4-1B30-46EB-BECE-EFE18E6C1AAD.jpeg

24 minutes ago, babypoohsmom said:

After my dad had a kidney removed last year, we talked him into getting frozen meals and the boxes were insulated with these panels of shredded fabric. Unable to waste…I made these little beds for feral cats using pillow cases. 

Wonderful use!  Love it when you can put things to use instead of putting in the trash.  

1 hour ago, babypoohsmom said:

What a great idea!

• 5 weeks later...

Tomorrow's the big day!!!

With everyone's help we have 16 boxes of dolls, clothes, and accessories headed out to the high school tomorrow morning.

I'll get a picture of the boxes so you can all see them but I notified the school because this is the first year we won't have room for a hand truck in the car to move the boxes into the school.  That's how much stuff we have.

:ty