Gussied Up Garland

dhaunae

I'd seen all sorts of fancied up Christmas tree garland in my life and was bored with all my various WIPs this week, so I decided to see what I could come up with. I'm so pleased with the results, even though I'm not done yet, that I thought I'd show ya'll! Pardon my cruddy pics .. I'm hoping for a new camera for Christmas :hook I used plain old dollar store bead garland and #10 thread for these.

The top garland in the pictures is what Lani's Gussied-Up Garland, Mark 1, looks like (I did a single crochet between beads, chain 2, repeat to the end, chain around the last bead and go back down the other side). I think that's pretty nice all by itself, but never being one to leave well enough alone I gilded the lily a bit and added a row of shells to one side of the Gussied Up Garland, Mark II shown in the center. The bottom is the one I'm currently working on, with a single side finished, in red this time. This is so easy, and it goes pretty fast all things considered (all things: seems like it takes forever to reach the end of 18' of garland!).

TartedUpGarland.jpg

TartedUpGarland2.jpg

Oooo. :manyheart You're brilliant, you know that?

How much time do I have left til Christmas? How many other things have I started to work on already?

:scrachin

Ok, I know I shouldn't start something else, but this was *too* cool... :lol

Lene'

Archived