Whats this stitch??

Cassie J

Question

Hello! So i'm at a medium beginner level at crocheting. I've been crocheting for a while so I can stitch neatly but I only ever learned how to do a double crochet stitch and the basic chain stitch.

Right now I've taken on the project of finishing a scarf that my late grandma had started making but never got to finish. I really want to finish tis project for her and I was wondering if someone could give me insight on what these stitches she did are and how to do them. From what I can gather its two rows of double crochet and then the next two rows are something different and thats whats tripping me up. I'm not sure whats going on in the rows where every two stitches theres two more forward twisty stitches.

I don't even know what terms to google to even begin to figure this out so any help or insight on what these stitches are would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

IMG_8937.jpg

IMG_8936.jpg

2 answers to this question

Definitely post stitches. My grandma was always making granny squares with her scraps. When grandma passed, I got a big bag of squares. So I put together an afghan for my dad. It's nice to have something from loved ones to remember them. 

Ellie 13

• Like 1