December 2020 Table and Tree

Tampa Doll

This has been one very strange year, but we always the the holidays to keep us going.

This year I got rid on my 7 ft. tree as it was getting harder to reach the top of the tree to decorate and it was loosing needles.  I decided to change it over as it was begining to remind me of the last real tree we had as kids.  My Brother came home from the Navy and wanted a new tree.  He bought it brought it home and we decorated it.  He left, we took the tree down and by the time we got it out the door, there was not a singel needle on it.  So the next year we got an artificial tree and found out, I was allergice to the real thing anyway.

So I now have a 6 ft. tree.  It is taking some getting use to, but it is cute and so much easier to decorate.

I did have to leave some ornaments off, as yesterday we went to get a hair cut and when we came home, the tree had taken a face plant.:rofl  So off came some of the heavier ornaments and so far so good. It is also decorated with lots of woodland animals.  Fox, raccoon, cardinals and raindeer just ot name a few.

I love this holiday, as I have so many happy memories growing up and funny stories.

So MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.

Christmas table 2020.jpg

6 ft. tree 01 2020.jpg

Edited by Tampa Doll
  • Like 2

It's beautiful! You always make your rooms look so festive.

I know what you mean about missing a big tree and the extras for decorating. My previous tree was 9 feet tall and we used to have so much fun decorating it and around the house. My husband always helped with all of it. We downsized everything when we moved back into town to a smaller house, including the Christmas tree. It's 7 feet tall, but, the skinny pencil tree. We used to go all out, even outside. Sorta like on "Home Improvement" (tv) and Tim Allen's idea of decorations. You know..... who can put up the most lights? It always turned out beautiful though and we'd have so much fun. My oldest decorates my tree now that I'm by myself, with me sitting there telling her where everything goes. Poor gal. I can only imagine how many times she rolls her eyes when her back is to me- LOL.

• Like 1

Love the new tree.

My kids decided putting up the tree was too much work. So, now we habe a Charlie Brown Tree (literally, the cartoon tree, a single red ornament amd linus' blue blanket).  I also put up a 4 ft wall tree (like a half tree that hangs on the wall). So much easier to set up and take down and store!

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 1

I only have to change the ornaments leaving it up all year.

I love the wall trees or corner trees, as they are smaller, but I have no empty wall that is big enough or corner.

Thank you all.  I really love the smaller tree.

We went with a smaller tree this year too, this year is way to strange for normal Christmas , LOL.....

NO ONE is coming here for Christmas this year.

I did get my wreaths up today, the nativity... tomorrow perhaps the tree.....

You always encourage me to decorate, even if it is just Chris and I... tis the season...

Big Hugs!

• Like 1

Mary Jo lovely as always.  I hope to get our tree up this week. Just not really sure where to put it though.  We did not put it up last year as we were moving at this time. I did get out my mom's ceramic trees right after Thanksgiving.  

• Like 1

Your tree and table looks very nice :)

I LOVE my Christmas memory from Poland when I was little girl.  We always went for Christmas to my grandparents, they lived on a big farm. Day before we got there my grandfather would go to forest and cut down a very nice big tree. They would wait for me to help them to decorate that tree. I LOVED those times and just to think about that right now I wish I could "turn back the clock!" But I can not :(.

We did not had those fancy Christmas Tree lights, we have candles on that tree. One year I got my long hair on fire because of that. My long hair got on fire.  My mother & my grandmother started screaming. I run straight to my grandma bed & I jump in it with my head straight down to her "piezyna". That was something like a very big & thick comforter full of feathers, a LOT of feathers, pile about 2-feet high LOL. I did put out that fire from my hair by doing that :). I did not knew what I was doing I was only about 8 years old. I guess I was just "running for my life" and I decided to "drown" my self in that "piezyna" LOL.

My Mom & my Grandma were very proud of me at that time :).  They sure did not knew what to do besides screaming loud!.

I did love my grandparents farm and all those animals...:). I was always in "seven heaven" when I got there :)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS! :wreath:wreath:wreath

Krys

• Like 1

Hi Mary Jo,

I like your smaller tree and understand about not being able to reach a tree to decorate it. I must of shrank, lol and I am in the same situation.

I too got another tree but it still is tall, my son decorated it for me. I did get one of those slim skinny trees and I'm happy with it.

Happy holidays to you and your family,

Y.Marie

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all, but my tree is no more.  It fell again on the 23rd and it turns out the Plastic stand that is attached to the tree, broke.  It is unusable.  Of course I am sure someone who is handy could fix it.  I will be calling Michael's on Monday to find out about getting a refund.  So I guess there will be no tree this year.  It will fell strange without it in the living room.

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

Thank you all, but my tree is no more.  It fell again on the 23rd and it turns out the Plastic stand that is attached to the tree, broke.  It is unusable.  Of course I am sure someone who is handy could fix it.  I will be calling Michael's on Monday to find out about getting a refund.  So I guess there will be no tree this year.  It will fell strange without it in the living room.

Oh wow!  Like it couldnt have held together just 3 more days to at least make it thru Christmas.  

• Thanks 1

Hi Mary Jo,

Awww... sorry to hear about your tree. I don't know if you have heard or seen

that some people set their tree in a bucket, box or large planter. That might be

something to think about. Good luck on your tree.

Y.Marie