Carol

Nan70

Question

5 answers to this question

Is the pattern on the internet, or a photo you could link to of what the finished item looks like?  Does the pattern have a schematic, not a stitch diagram but a drawing that shows the dimensions (example, is it a rectangle or triangle x inches by y inches).  Doing a quick search are oodles of pattern patterns called "boho wrap" and they can be all sorts of shapes and styles.

You are going to have to do some swatching to figure this out, there is no hard and fast rule like 'alternating 1 row of SC and 1 row of DC exactly matches 2 rows of HDC."  Everybody has a different stitch height gauge, it might work for me but not for you, or for nobody.  If it is a simple shape, you might get away with just making more or fewer rows.  Either way you should do a swatch first even if you were sticking to the stitch pattern, hook and yarn sizes.

Edited by Granny Square

Just to clarify since I use the seed stitch quite often to make doll blankets the seed stitch alternates dc and sc stitches.  The stitches aren't done in the same hole/stitch.  I can't add anything to the original conversations since I don't understand the project, but seed stitch is something I do quite frequently.

No worries, I understood what you were trying to do, but it may or may not have worked exactly OK depending on the style of the item - here is the link for reference for https://youreverydayheirlooms.com/2015/10/23/boho-cozy-wrap/

So it is a 'ruana' style wrap, basically a rectangle-ish with a slash up the front.  64" long and 48" wide - your stitch scheme should work just fine.  The first line says "chain 142 or whatever length you like" so it's not exactly a precise fit ;) , the only other thing to pay attention to is where you want the front opening; the nice thing is she gives directions in row counts and also inches, so you could just follow the inches she gives or whatever measurement you want the 'neck to wrist, or elbow, or wherever' size you want, deal with the instructions for the split, and make the other side the same dimension as the first side of the split.