stitch

nancycaroline0830@gmail.com

Question

3 answers to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!  Some patterns very helpfully give a 'sanity check' count of the total number of stitches you should have made in the round you just made, after the last instruction for that round.

This is more common if there is an increase or decrease in that round; example if the prior round had 5 stitches, and this round had you increase in each stitch, you should have 10 stitches at the end of 'this' round.

If a row has a lot of different types of stitches in it, it might say - "10 dc, 3 sc, 2 chain spaces" for example.

I think I responded to your question in another post where you provided more info about the pattern.  In that case turn meant you turn your work and the -10 was the stitch count for that row and not instructions to make 10 more stitches.

18 hours ago, Granny Square said:

Welcome to the 'ville!  Some patterns very helpfully give a 'sanity check' count of the total number of stitches you should have made in the round you just made, after the last instruction for that round.

This is more common if there is an increase or decrease in that round; example if the prior round had 5 stitches, and this round had you increase in each stitch, you should have 10 stitches at the end of 'this' round.

If a row has a lot of different types of stitches in it, it might say - "10 dc, 3 sc, 2 chain spaces" for example.

thanks so much, that makes perfect sense! I'm trying to remember how to crochet after many many  years!!