Johnstown PA anyone?

ullenastar13

• 1 year later...

I don't know of any crochet groups, but I was invited to sit with a group of knitters in Ligonier. My friend, Carrie, just learned to knit and she knows a knitting group in Johnstown, too, but I haven't met any of them. Bummer. haha

I wish there was more of a response to this, maybe we could get one started. Is there a free bulletin board at Michales? I wonder if we could post something so on Tuesday nights, or something everyone could get together.

I don't know why I'm suggesting this, though, because I've been so busy lately I don't know which end is up, right now. :lol

After the holidays would probably be better. :D

Nice to meet you, by the way.

If you ladies are willing to drive we have a Project Linus group that meets in State College. Unfortunately we don't meet again until April, we're afraid of bad weather. We'd love to have you join us! I drive in from Clarion. Charlene

yeah i think after the holidays would probably be best. i don't thinkt here is a bulitin board at micheals i'll check next time i'm there though. I knit and crochet and so i think if we do have a get together we should open it up to all fiber related crafts.. what do you think??

there is a yarn store that is new in moxom. (spelling?) but they charge $8 for their knitting night. i can't bring myself to pay $8 for getting together to knit or crochet even if there is food there. i just think it should be free KWIM?? besides i have 2 kids and i'd have to get a sitter so that would add to the cost.:think so i haven't gone to it. i have been pondering the idea of starting a "sit and stitch" night (something open to everyone) i was trying to think of where to have it i thought maybe the j-town library but i haven't really asked anyone there. that or maybe a church would let us use a room they have but again i haven't checked into it.. or maybe some cafe.. still i havne't really looked into it b/c i wasn't sure if there were many people interested in it.. .i guess i just have to suck it up and get into checking around and then put up flyers or something...

as far as state college, i'm not sure where that is:blush.. in relation to here sorry i'm new still (only 1 year have i lived here... ) but i'm up for anything my husband should know where it is..

sorry i'm rambeling..

State College is kind of far, I think. I'm not from here either, although I've lived here about 6 years. I drove up there once and I think it was about 2 hours.

I bet a church or the library would be alright. I know which store you're talking about in Moxham. I haven't been there but my friend says it's pricey. I didn't know they'd charge just to come sit & knit. Jeez.

The place in Ligonier is free, I think...I'll have to check it again. The lady that runs the shop is REALLY nice. It's Kathy's Kreations (I think that's how she spells it) and it's right off of the square. From where I live it only takes about 20 minutes to get there, but it's over the mountain. So, in the winter weather will be a factor.

Ligoner, i think i've been there once. i am not sure how far it is though. i will have to get over there and check out this place do you have an address?

i think after the holidays i'll look into starting something. it woiuld be really nice i'm sure. i know the jackson township seinor center has one but i think it may be for the seniors. HMMM

She's right off of the square. If you take 711 over the mountain (go through Westmont and head out Menoher...or however you spell it) and you'll get to a Sheetz at a T-intersection. Then go left and you end up in the square in Ligonier. CUTE little town.

If you're sitting at the stop sign when you first come into the square, she's on the road heading out of the square to your left...but you have to go all the way around the sqare to get there...are you confused yet? haha

Her website is http://www.kathys-kreations.com

I can't remember if she lists the classes on there, but she told me about them once when I came down for some yarn. She has SO much yarn and I get all yarn crazy when I go there. haha

By the way, this time of year is a really great time to go to Ligonier. They have the whole square decorated for Christmas and it's so pretty at night. One of my favorite stores is right in the square and it's called Persnickety Gifts (again, with the spelling...I don't know if it's right). It just has alot of neat stuff in it. Kind of pricey though. There's lots of antique stores and fun stuff to walk around and look at...and drag your husband to be bored stiff. haha I can't get mine to go. :lol

Just don't make the mistake of driving there on a Sunday because almost everything is closed. If your husband is into hunting, there's a bar right off of the square, I think it's called Joes. (It would be on the road leading out to the RIGHT) and if you go in the back room and up the spiral stairs this guy has probably a hundred animals he's stuffed and mounted. Including a polar bear, giraffe, elephant, etc. The food isn't great, but my son likes to go see the animals. I've heard the hot dogs next door are alright, though. Never had them, myself. :)

Also, if you go to St. Michaels (north on 219) Morris's Tavern is kind of the same, but a little better atmosphere. Their food is pretty good. My son likes to go there, too.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, fellow Johnstown-ers! Where's abouts are you all? I'm in the Cambria City end of town, just met a new "hooker" from Brownstown on Freecycle! I've been feeling soooooo alone with my craft here! LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived