Suggestions for Med Brown Acrylic Yarn for Ami Projects

Bailey4

Question

For years I've been able to buy various brands of what I'd call medium brown not light and not dark chocolate brown that I use for various ami projects.  I stupidly didn't think to record the brand or the color because there always seemed to be some in the various brands available when I was in the store or even online and honestly I tended to buy the larger sizes or what was on sale.  I didn't have a favorite.  Now however I'm finding light brown and the dark chocolate but those medium brown I think of for bears, bunnies, and other projects I make am not finding.  Any color or brand suggestions would be appreciated.  I'd prefer to stay away from the Caron Simply Soft style yarns.

6 answers to this question

The Red Heart Warm brown is exactly the shade I am looking for but as you say the color seems to have been discontinued.  I have the cafe latte and use it for some projects but not the shade I need. I have something close to Bernat's Cafe au Lait but again not that med brown.

Herrschner's Walnut looks to be the right color I'm just not a fan of their worsted 8 yarn.  I do have two new colors to search by.  Thank you so much for looking.  At least I know I'm not missing the obvious.

The Premier looks possible just need to research who carries it thanks again.

Edited by Bailey4

Yeah its been a huge challenge because there used to be those "warm brown" colors every where.  Sadly I kind of took them for granted.  I use them for all kinds of ami/toy projects..  I realize with Red Heart consolidating and with COVID fewer colors are out there for lots of brands but you'd think they'd be one company that would make something in that range.