Ombre yarn blanket pattern

xoseveredheartox

Question

7 answers to this question

I made this blanket in a Throw size by adding 3 extra skeins of Blue Ombre yarn.

This simple Granny Square is very pretty in Ombre.

Lunar Crossings Square is another lovely pattern.

Shaded Shells is another pretty afghan.

The As Time Goes By pattern is stunning in Ombre. You can see a pic of it on Ravelry.

Can you tell I like Ombre blankets? LOL Hope these help.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

I really LOVE this one in that Blue color :)

Krys

I'm thinking to make my next afghan (for me) with the "As Time Goes By" pattern and Blue Ombre'. I unraveled the Crystal Wave blanket (1/2 done) as it was way too heavy for me. I'm also in love with the colors Scuba and Seaside.  One of those two colors would go better with my quilt set than the blue but, I promised myself not to buy any more yarn for awhile. I just have too many projects I want to make!!!

pullhair.jpg

39 minutes ago, ReniC said:

I'm thinking to make my next afghan (for me) with the "As Time Goes By" pattern and Blue Ombre'. I unraveled the Crystal Wave blanket (1/2 done) as it was way too heavy for me. I'm also in love with the colors Scuba and Seaside.  One of those two colors would go better with my quilt set than the blue but, I promised myself not to buy any more yarn for awhile. I just have too many projects I want to make!!!

pullhair.jpg

Reni I think I know how you feel doing all that frogging of your work ...:(. I know must be hard,  it is a lot of work. I think you are doing the right thing. Why pay for new yarn? and be left with another blanket that you just do not like to use. I am sure after you do all that work you will be proud of yourself :) and you will LOVE your new blanket :).

It is always good thing to save your money when you can.

I wonder how many skeins of that yarn I would need to make a lap-blanket for a guy. I mean NOT a very skimpy lap blanket LOL. I really love that design-"As Time Goes By" in that blue Ombre color.

Do not overwork yourself, take a lot of brakes! :)

Krys

On 11/5/2020 at 11:09 AM, USpolishgirl said:

...... I wonder how many skeins of that yarn I would need to make a lap-blanket for a guy. I mean NOT a very skimpy lap blanket LOL. I really love that design-"As Time Goes By" in that blue Ombre color.

Do not overwork yourself, take a lot of brakes! :)

Krys

Krys- This person on Ravelry used 3 skeins of Ombre for a 39" x 42" baby blanket. So I'm guessing for a man size lap-blanket, maybe 5-6 skeins if he is tall. If there's anything left over, you could make a small pillow to go with it or even a hat.

This one was 38" square with 3 skeins.  And this one is 6 skeins for 63". Hope these help figure it out. There are 4 or 5 more pages of projects from this pattern on Ravelry. Cheers!

• Thanks 1