Cat Bus

Horsy

Question

5 answers to this question

I've not made it but, have seen the patterns available. It's been several years since seeing the cartoon as my GS used to watch it when he was about 8 years old or so. He's 23 now! LOL

Hi, kids.  I do believe that some crochet patterns are available.  I wanted to see if any of you have made this project.  He's supposed to have 12 legs, but all the crochet versions I've seen on google images have fewer than that.  It appears to be a fairly challenging effort so needed some encouragement from anyone here. 

By the way, the cat bus is a good cat, not angry at all.   It's just the way he sometimes looks. 

Thanks to both of you for your replies.  @Reni.  You sure don't have to be a child to love the Totoro film.  I could watch it over and over.  If I made one of these for my adult son, I know he'd love it.  

21 hours ago, Horsy said:

Hi, kids.  I do believe that some crochet patterns are available.  I wanted to see if any of you have made this project.  He's supposed to have 12 legs, but all the crochet versions I've seen on google images have fewer than that.  It appears to be a fairly challenging effort so needed some encouragement from anyone here. 

By the way, the cat bus is a good cat, not angry at all.   It's just the way he sometimes looks. 

Thanks to both of you for your replies.  @Reni.  You sure don't have to be a child to love the Totoro film.  I could watch it over and over.  If I made one of these for my adult son, I know he'd love it.  

I remember more legs on the bus too. I would assume you could make as many legs as desired that would fit wherever they could be sewn on, like 2 under the head and 2 under the tail. However, that would be added work to an already large project. But, if you're up to the task, Go For it!.  Sorry I wasn't much more help. I did crochet a Totoro stuffed toy, about 14 inches long for the GS and he says he still has it and proudly displays it.

I did crochet a Totoro stuffed toy, about 14 inches long for the GS and he says he still has it and proudly displays it.

Wonderful!  Wish you had a photo of it to show us.  I think if I crocheted a Totoro toy that would be easier and just as cute as the Cat Bus.   I crocheted a large rabbit years ago during the First Phase of My Crochet Life and was amazed at how much work it was.