Llama leg help

LlamaCrochet

Question

Hi!

I’m on my first project, a llama, and the pattern has already proved to be a bit confusing. I’m currently trying to work out how to start the legs. I have just finished the body, 56sc. The pattern (I’ve uploaded an image) then says to “Start with 9sc, then crochet 6ch. R1-4: 15 sc”

I have done 9 chain stitches but I am not sure how to continue and what this means/where to crochet the 15 single crochets?

Thanks for any help! :)

4DB922CA-B664-4C13-8805-35AE707364A1.jpeg

2 answers to this question

I am taking a stab at this.  I made a llama, but his is confusing.

Looks like you sc in 9 stitches, the chain 6.  for rows 1-4 you only crochet in these 15 stitches.   You should probable chain 7 not 6.  You will then sc in second chain from hook and the last 5 along with the 9 stitches. turn and repeat till you have finished 4 rows.

row 5 you will do 3 sc then 1 dc 3 times.  so 3 dc, 1dec, 3dc, 1 dec. 3sc, 1dc you will have 12 stitches at the end.

row 6-8 you will sc 12 stitches with turning at the end.

row 9 1 sc, 1dc till you only have 8 stitches left.

row 10-11.  Sc 8 stitches with turning at end.

row 12 4 dec till you only have 4 stitches.

Then you will go back to the body and sc 3 stitches to start the next leg on the back or front.  and on the sides it is 7 sc between the front and back leg on each side.

Hope this helps.

This is my guess.  The 9 sc might be a continuance around on the body and hopefully is in correct position for first leg. Otherwise you have to figure out where to join and work the 9 sc to correctly position the first leg.  The  ch 6 (Tampa Dolls suggestion of ch7 makes more sense to get 15 stitches in next step) hangs off.  I am guessing you are to join the chain at the first of the 9 sc so you continue working instructions for the leg in rounds.  Then you would position the other front leg by skipping 3 stitches from first leg.  Join onto body work 9 sc then chain as before.  You leave 7 stitches between front and back legs and 3 stitches between back legs.