Red rashes, puffy eyes itchy all over my skin.

Dj Martin

Please anyone help find a lab that is willing to test the yarn I am using , their mushy be a chemical, fibers  break off and expose all over head to toe, which is setting my eyes skin rashes on fire face, neck, arms hands and legs on fire. Thank you! If their any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Dj-Martin email  at the address below 

martnzd74@hotmail.com

If anyone knows of lab  is the  Salt Lake City area in Utah .please that can test if the yarn I purchased has been treated, with any type of chemicals or if any fibers during this process added to these fibers.

notify me on this forum.crochetvill.com

or martnzd74@hotmail.com

Thank you!!

What kind of yarn are you using?  I have a problem with wool, so I stay as far away from wool or anthing with wool in it.  Have you had testing done on yourself to see what you are alergic to?  That could help. 

Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.😁

Welcome to the 'ville!

Sorry you are having this problem - definitely bag it  and throw it out if you haven't already, and avoid buying that brand and maybe even from that store (if the fibers were breaking, the yarn is useless even if the allergy/toxic stuff wasn't happening).  I would think it would cost you more to test the yarn than you spent on it originally.  

I used to work in purchasing, buying components offshore for use in tech manufacturing in the US, and all sorts of strange things happen in warehouses around the world - humidity & heat destroying delicate components, and packaging reeking of heaven knows what desiccant, fungicide, cleaning and pest-control chemicals. 

A thought - if it were environmental nasty chemicals affecting the skein from the outside-in after it was made, I'd think it would be worse on the outside of the skein. If you do have it tested, it might be worthwhile to have a sample from the inside and outside.

I was also assuming that it was not possible to be allergic to acrylic, but a  bit of googling tells me that it is possible but apparently not in the state of a finished, polymerized, solid 'thing' like strands of acrylic filaments.

Hello All, I was hoping you could give me some advice.  I just started crocheting and am making a Christmas sac for my neice that'll be born in December.  I can't find the yarn the pattern calls for. I'm hoping you would be able to make a suggestion on what yarn I should buy instead of RED HEART® Spark-a-Doodle™: 1 Ball 9001 White Cloud B.

Here's the link to the pattern.
https://www.yarnspirations.com/red-heart-holiday-baby-cocoon/RHC0202-022395M.html

I've finished the red portion, now I just need to figure out the white portion. 😊🤞

Just trow away that yarn. You must have allergy to that yarn. Any testing like that at a Lab would cost you a LOT!, your health insurance will not pay for that. And you might not get the answer you are looking for.

All kind new allergy's starting "out of no where..." and can get very bad.

Krys