HDC^?

Aryn

Question

6 answers to this question

I have never seen that symbol in crochet, the only thing that comes to mind is an extended hdc, or a typo.  But really, extended stitches already have an abbreviation, like ESC, EDC, and so on, to the carat is not consistent to the way those stitches are called out.

Does the pattern have a 'special stitches' section, could be at the end of the pattern or the beginning.  Sometimes designers will give a name to a group of stitches and name it whatever they want, like after their dog - which is legit-they just need to define what a 'Fido' stitch is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Granny Square said:

I have never seen that symbol in crochet, the only thing that comes to mind is an extended hdc, or a typo.  But really, extended stitches already have an abbreviation, like ESC, EDC, and so on, to the carat is not consistent to the way those stitches are called out.

Does the pattern have a 'special stitches' section, could be at the end of the pattern or the beginning.  Sometimes designers will give a name to a group of stitches and name it whatever they want, like after their dog - which is legit-they just need to define what a 'Fido' stitch is.

This pattern seems to have a lot of special stitches with NO explanations. I have had to come to this site multiple times for help.