Family Hats - Crochet World Dec 2015 issue

Maryarn

Question

Hello!

Has anyone ever made these hats from Crochet World 2015 issue? If you have, did you have a hard time with the pattern? I have tried many times over the years to follow the pattern, and I can't seem to get it right. I'm sure it's just me, but wanted to know if anyone could help me understand this one.

Thank you! ~ Mary

Family Hats - Crochet World Dec 2015.jpg

2 answers to this question

It's from December 2015 (for the purpose of looking up errata, but I didn't find any for that particular pattern).  Online there are only 2 patterns with errata for that issue, and not this pattern.   Errata link in case you want to make other patterns from that issue, that have been corrected.

Is there one instruction in particular that is stumping you?   I don't see anything that looks odd to me scanning your pattern.  I see a red note that I can't read next to the 'gauge' section - gauge is super important for a hat, you either have to hit it exactly or know how to adjust make it work--if fit is the problem I can explain that (it involves a little geometry, but it's easy).

I have checked my gauge, and I'm right on with that. It's when I get to the "body" of the hat after the crown. I understand the stitches, and rounds 1 & 2 are fine, but round 3 never ends right. I frogged it all recently, but I will start again and get to that point. Maybe I'll be better able to explain what's going on.