Three Prayer Shawls

bgs

Turned in these three prayer shawls today.

20200920_155457.thumb.jpg.740c0de1b440fda81f2bb502486e58af.jpg

Pattern here.

https://www.anniedesigncrochet.com/2020/04/15/easy-crochet-wrap-free-pattern/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest&utm_campaign=tailwind_tribes&utm_content=tribes&utm_term=1045336886_48925322_351291

20200928_091528_HDR.thumb.jpg.6bd979bae03e131a0c4ce81f5a267cd9.jpg

This one is really purple--- Hobby Lobby's ILTY grape and ILTY Metallic grapette

Pattern here.

https://www.lionbrand.com/products/crochet-pattern-baby-set-1

20200920_155339.thumb.jpg.59ff8ad549527673ade57365bfd22688.jpg

This one is V stitch no pattern.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, USpolishgirl said:

Really nice! :)

For some reason I always thought that "Prayer Shawls" are always need to be a triangle shape shawls. Those that you can keep on your shoulders. I guess I was wrong.

Krys

Here they want them rectangular 24 by 60 inches and made in acrylic yarn.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The shawls are lovely. I have started one for someone who has cancer. I’d like to continue to make them as they comfort me while making them. Where do you turn them in? 

That's so thoughtful of you to want to start making for others. Cancer clinics might accept your gifts. Also, hospices, churches, and the person you are gifting to may know other patients where they're receiving treatment that would enjoy one of your shawls. Because of the many restrictions of Covid-19, if any of the places refuse gifts, please do not be offended.

Edited by ReniC

10 minutes ago, ReniC said:

That's so thoughtful of you to want to start making for others. Cancer clinics might accept your gifts. Also, hospices, churches, and the person you are gifting to may know other patients where they're receiving treatment that would enjoy one of your shawls. Because of the many restrictions of Covid-19, if any of the places refuse gifts, please do not be offended.

Thank you for the ideas 😊

3 hours ago, Lilol said:

The shawls are lovely. I have started one for someone who has cancer. I’d like to continue to make them as they comfort me while making them. Where do you turn them in? 

I live in a continuing care senior community and our chaplains hand them out to fellow residents.  

Edited by bgs

• 1 year later...