Repeat rows question

Maritza

Question

Does the pattern description below mean that I need crochet rows 2-5 57 times as a set/group (rows 2-5 57 times collectively) or does rows mean individual rows until I crochet 57 individual rows regardless of whether row 57 is row 5 or not)? There’s no measurement for estimated length so I am unsure if rows means as a set or individual rows.

Pattern Description 

Repeat rows 2 - 5 until 53 (57,61,65,69) rows complete; ending on a row 5 repeat. 

4 answers to this question

It means that you repeat rows 2 thru 5 over and over until you finish row 57

Row 6: repeat row 2

Row 7: repeat row 3

Row 8: repeat row 4

Row 9: repeat row 5

Row 10: repeat row 2

Row 11: repeat row 3

Row 12: repeat row 4

Row 13 repeat row 5

This sequence continues until you finish row 53 (57,61,65,69) which would  all be row 5 repeats.

• Thanks 1

What BGS said, except a wee typo at the end of the last sentence -- it's all row 2 thru 5 repeats as shown in her row by row detail (4 rows each repeat)

Assuming you have completed row 1-5 and starting these repeats at row 6:  57 total stitches minus 5 already completed equals 52.  4 goes into 52 exactly 13 times, so the math works out.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Granny Square said:

What BGS said, except a wee typo at the end of the last sentence -- it's all row 2 thru 5 repeats as shown in her row by row detail (4 rows each repeat)

Not so good at explaining.  What I was trying to point out was that the specific instructions for rows 53, 57, 61, 65 and 69 are to "repeat row 5" as Maritza seemed unsure that those specific rows would indeed work out to "repeat row 5".

• Thanks 1