Sign in to follow this  
NoraBora

Hello Everyone!

Hi,

I am Nora and live in Michigan.  I am pretty new to crochet. I can SC, DC, TC and now do the Pebble/Lemon Peel stitch pretty darn good. I am "famous" for my Jankity Blankeys.  Grown up cuddle blankets which are made with more love than skill. LOL.  I am not good with reading patterns or counting. I do best with visually looking at things which is why I will likely never make a sweater! :) 

Wondering if there is a pattern which just alternates a SC and DC? I saw one called the Alpine Stitch but it gave me a visual headache. If you can simple alternate these stitches how many chains would you put at the end? Would you chain one turning chain for a SC and two for a DC? hmmm....

Looking forward to this group!!!

Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.😁

I can not recall exactally what pattern it was, but you sc in one stitch and dc in the next.  You do this all the way across, then when you turn, you change up put the dc in the sc stitch and sc in the dc stitch.

Yes! That is called the Lemon Peel or the Pebble Stitch. I was wondering if there is one with a SC crochet all along a row with a DC the next row and repeat the pattern? I was hoping to find a photo online of it to see what it would look like.  I am still in the newby stage. :)

Pleased to meet ya!

On 9/25/2020 at 8:09 PM, NoraBora said:

Hi,

I am Nora and live in Michigan.  I am pretty new to crochet. I can SC, DC, TC and now do the Pebble/Lemon Peel stitch pretty darn good. I am "famous" for my Jankity Blankeys.  Grown up cuddle blankets which are made with more love than skill. LOL.  I am not good with reading patterns or counting. I do best with visually looking at things which is why I will likely never make a sweater! :)

Wondering if there is a pattern which just alternates a SC and DC? I saw one called the Alpine Stitch but it gave me a visual headache. If you can simple alternate these stitches how many chains would you put at the end? Would you chain one turning chain for a SC and two for a DC? hmmm....

Looking forward to this group!!!

Welcome to the forum.

The stitch alternating sc and dc in a row is also called by other names ie one book I have calls it griddle and another book calls it up and down stitch. 
sc in one row and dc on the next is simply that, no special name. Basic st alternating rows. To see what it looks like just make a swatch

Hi! Ariel from Nebraska here, been learning to knit /crochet since age 11. Mom recently was diagnosed with MS so I dug out the crochet hooks, she is loving the new hobby and she understands it so much better than me which makes her a great teacher.

I've been working on a blanket but it has become wider as I go, my guess was my stitches were getting looser but tighter stitches hasn't helped.

Any tips would be appreciated. 

Welcome to the forum Ariel.

Tension can be a problem that for the most part will take practice and knowing when fatigue sets in.  All assuming that your stitch count is correct row after row. 🙂

If your stitch count and placement are correct for each row and your tension has remained constant the other issue is supporting your blanket so that the weight of the blanket is not stretching itself out of shape.