Pattern help

Madame

Question

5 answers to this question

Why doesn’t it say 1hdc in ‘next’ 2sts?-------Its what I consider a poorly written pattern as it is written in a type of shorthand instead of the accepted standard.

Does it still mean in the next 2?---Yes I believe so.  

What is stitch 0?--- Probably a typo.  It should be the number of dc you need to make.

In order to figure this out we need more info such as name of pattern and source. If pattern is free and on internet give us the link.  If its purchased or in a book you can type out a couple of rounds and not violate copyright.  It would be helpful to see the instructions for this entire round and the prior round.

9 hours ago, bgs said:

Why doesn’t it say 1hdc in ‘next’ 2sts?-------Its what I consider a poorly written pattern as it is written in a type of shorthand instead of the accepted standard.

Does it still mean in the next 2?---Yes I believe so.  

What is stitch 0?--- Probably a typo.  It should be the number of dc you need to make.

In order to figure this out we need more info such as name of pattern and source. If pattern is free and on internet give us the link.  If its purchased or in a book you can type out a couple of rounds and not violate copyright.  It would be helpful to see the instructions for this entire round and the prior round.

Thanks so much for your response. Makes me even happier that I joined this forum. I am making a pair of crocheted moccasins for a newborn baby. I have attached a snapshot of the sole pattern. Please reference Round 3 where it is noted 1 dc in 0. 

Thanks again!

Lori

image.thumb.jpg.78befa56099c2c483a10b31cf1f26204.jpg

Welcome to the 'ville!

The pattern is written in 3 sizes so this is not a typo. In that spot you do not do anything for the smallest size, but you would for larger sizes. 

You'd read this as: small size stitch count(medium size stitch count, large size stitch count).   So, for the smallest size only you ignore the (0, 2, 2)  and skip to the right size of the next instruction - 2dc in 5(6,6).  However, if you are making one of the larger sizes, you need to do what it says in the next 2 stitches.

This also applies for the chain of 8(10,12), so did you make the right # of chains for the size you were aiming for?

Edited by Granny Square