need name of crochet stitch

bejay

Question

6 answers to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!

I'm no help, just posting so you didn't think you were ignored but I couldn't find it -- no luck with my stitch dictionary or online stitch lists..  I did make a sweater with that stitch combo eons ago, I dug out the pattern but the stitch wasn't given a name.

Names can be a bit dodgy anyway, (beyond the basic stitches like SC, DC etc.) you'll find a lot of stitch names are not consistent.

That's not it, the double single is a compound stitch that's neither a DC nor SC but it IS pretty cool looking (I searched New Stitch A Day by my sweater stitch's appearance, but didn't find it).  What Bejay was describing, (and what I thought my sweater stitch was, see below) is basically a lopsided shell stitch: a plain SC + a plain DC in the same stitch, skip 1, that's it.

...and now I'm mis-remembering my sweater's stitches  (I made it over 10 years ago, sorry...), I just dug into my patterns and the stitch pattern (worked in turned rows) was (sc, ch1, dc) into 1 stitch (so really a V stitch, not a shell stitch), then in the next row the same combo is worked into the chain space (on the row into the chain, you skipped 2).  The scan below is what that looks like--not much help, wrong stitch and it didn't have a name either...

scan0017.jpg

Edited by Granny Square
to clarify 'my' sweater pattern

On 9/1/2020 at 9:14 PM, bejay said:

I can't think of the name of the crochet stitch that is dc and sc in same stitch, skip a stitch, repeat. Can anyone help me.

Some call it the Suzette Stitch.  https://www.hookedonhomemadehappiness.com/how-to-crochet-the-suzette-stitch/

On 9/7/2020 at 8:36 AM, Granny Square said:

Aha!  Well found Reni!  What a difference a chain makes.  :hook

😊