New to crochetville/old timer to crocheting

Janie Bont

Thanks Tampa Doll and greyhoundgrandma! Can either of you answer this question for me: how do I make sure that the ends to chenille yarn don't come out? I did put this question on the forum somewhere but I can't seem to find it now or nobody has an answer.

3 hours ago, Janie Bont said:

Thanks Brenda! I think I might try the glue that is mentioned. I hope I can get it in Canada.

Janie

Personally I would tack the ends down with needle and thread.  Just dont know if glue can be trusted and it might make a hard place.  If you use glue try it on pieces of the yarn before using it on your project.

Edited by bgs

Hello and Welcome! :)

My advice would be: weave those ends securely as best as you can and PRAY! LOL. 

If you crocheting something  "from side to side" do NOT make a knots in a middle of rows. I NEVER do that, even when I am using a "normal" yarn. I only do that on edges!. I know sometimes there will be some waist of yarn, but that is worth-ed to me.  I just do not like to make knots in a middle of rows. If you crochet in rounds that is a different story...you just need to do your best :).

I never use any glue on garments or blankets. Sometimes I use very small amounts of glue when I am making Amigurumi only to to keep some parts in a right position/place before I sew them.

Krys